Wanted: Anything Deinonychus, Bambiraptor, True Dilophosaurus, More...

TheClawGuy

Hey everyone,

New to the forums but not new to the community. I'm looking for anything deinonychus, bambiraptor, Dromaeosaurus, Dilophosaurus, carnotaurus, Utahraptor, or Allosaurus claws. I have plenty to trade for! Thank you everyone.

I will definitely consider fossils other than claws. You're more than welcome to PM me the details and pics or you can email me

Nickgiggey@comcast.net

I was just getting some clarification on your post. I find few enough dromeosaur and small theropod materials that I keep them all... sorry. There are ranches in Weld County with Laramie Fm exposed on them. You could always try to get access and find your own.Teeth are a lot more 'common' than claws.

Edited by jpc
  • I found this Informative 1

Look up uncle siphuncle's posts 'site prospecting 101' and 102. Very informative and well reasoned and written.

• 4 months later...

Still looking to add to my collection! I know there's more Deinonychus out there somewhere :)

The Natural Canvas site site has a Deinosuchus tooth for sale if your interested, not cheap.

Troodon, thank you very much for the info! I have seen that one before and I've talked to John, the owner of the site, and we're trying to track down claws before I pull the trigger on the tooth. I know pretty much all the Deinonychus material is in museums or private collections so I'm hoping someone on the forums who owns one will pass a claw on to the next generation of collectors. Plus the CFO of the household (my wife) has given me the approval to hunt down the more expensive stuff before we have kids haha.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There are lots Dromaeosaurus fossils on ebay, sometimes you see allosaurus or other raptor fossils, but Dilophosaurus and Utahraptor are impossible to get.

Thank you for the idea! I follow eBay quite a bit and I know most of the dealers on there. Plus, most of that isn't true Dromaeosaurus anyways. The stuff I requested above will most likely have to come from personal collections so I am hoping to get lucky by someone willing to sell/trade on here. I appreciate everyone's help! 

We can scratch Allosaurus off that list. I have a couple teeth and a claw now. 

Best of luck man. I've been trying to get proper dromaeosaurid material with little luck myself.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

1 hour ago, -Andy- said:

Best of luck man. I've been trying to get proper dromaeosaurid material with little luck myself.

I have a lot of Dromaeosaurid claws and rooted teeth but I'm beyond obsessed with Deinonychus though. I have a hallux claw from Deinonychus but a hand or killing claw would be my holy grail. I know there's some old collections out there containing this material like where I got mine from. I'm just hoping my message reaches the right person someday...  

If you need any Dromaeosaurid material, let me know. Depending what you want, I might be able to help.