I Gots A Crab!

ShadowElite951

He's a little shy.

My mom gave me this little guy when I returned home for spring break. I have no idea what kind of crab it is or where it came from, heh heh heh. But IT'S A CRAB, I HAS ONE!

I can't wait to uncover him one day. :D

xgfhsgfh.jpg

He's a little shy.

My mom gave me this little guy when I returned home for spring break. I have no idea what kind of crab it is or where it came from, heh heh heh. But IT'S A CRAB, I HAS ONE!

xgfhsgfh.jpg

Say: thanks mom !

this is a Pulalius vulgaris crab, and for sure it comes from Washington, perhaps Mircopterus woud say something more about ;)

By any chance did your mom give you the top piece of rock too? If so, the carapace could be saved?

and yeah, like MB says, Pulalius.

RB

post-171-1236698673_thumb.jpg

Just took a very close look at your crab. The claws I would bet are there under the rock, and the legs look to be there toom byt they sometimes are not complete even if they are under the rock. It makes me want to cry that the carapace is borken!! But it could still be a very nice crab once prepped out. Good luck

RB

He's a little shy.

xgfhsgfh.jpg

Cool! Crabs are very fun to collect. like Mb said Its a Pulalius Vulgaris from Washington state. I would be willing to bet it was collected from the Lincoln creek formation in Grays harbor county WA at the town of Porter. The color and shape of the concretion are typical from that area. The collecting area at Porter was closed years ago by the Washington state department of transportation. Its is now posted with no tresspassing signs and the state patrol keeps an eye out for violators. Every year there are less and less of these crabs for sale from old collections.

Like Rjb said too bad part of the carapace is missing. On the left side of the crab it appears one leg is gone and two are broken off in the other half of the concretion. It appears that the both claws are there and all legs are entact on the left side.

Keep on Fossiling! :D