Sulphur River "ladonia" 5/2/2015

bone2stone

Hopefully I will be able to get out this Saturday.

Taking camera out to Sulphur River "Ladonia access" this weekend. (First time)

Hope to see some of you guys out there.

Great timing on the weather.

Lets hope some of yall left some goodies laying around for some of us others.

If I do go, or some of you others, post your finds here.

Hope to get some group shots.

Jess B.

Good luck! with all the rain recently, there's bound to be something the paleo vultures have missed!

I just got permission to collect a Duck Creek Formation site on private property north of Ray Roberts as soon as the creeks stop flooding. I collected there one day 10 years ago and we came out with enough big ammonites to fill a truck bed. That being said, they were so big it only took 7 or 8 to cover all the flat surface!

Good luck! with all the rain recently, there's bound to be something the paleo vultures have missed!

I just got permission to collect a Duck Creek Formation site on private property north of Ray Roberts as soon as the creeks stop flooding. I collected there one day 10 years ago and we came out with enough big ammonites to fill a truck bed. That being said, they were so big it only took 7 or 8 to cover all the flat surface!

I had several of those that came form near Godley Tex.

Left them at my mothers house lining her flower bed back in the 80's.

The first winter they were exposed most just fell apart!

Besides now-a-days something that big is out of my area of carry out.

Doubt they would fit in my pocket or my backpack.

I hope the locals has left us some goodies to pick.

Jess B.

If you are referring to me I did not go to the sulphur on 5/1. That was a creek well west of there. I did however go this morning : ) great thing about sulphur is, you've got 100 miles of material to look at. You just have to move around and get lucky.

North Central Texas

Eagle Ford Group / Ozan Formation

Geez, In my experience, its unlikely that one hunter can wipe out the NSR. It is a massive locality. To give up because one guy found a handful of bone fragments is a bit fatalistic. Have more faith in yourself and the locality. The first time I went, I was following the Austin Paleo group, probably 10 people, and I still found better stuff than most of them did.

The best part was a great chicken dinner in Pecan Gap after the hunt with a bunch of friendly strangers.

Sorry it was my bud not you and he left me stranded without a ride.

I find these type of ammonites in Sanger too! I am lucky and live there so I do not have to travel far :)