Noob Looking For Help.

nathanzx10r

Just purchased this set up and would like some help trying to find the best material to use.

I have never used this type of tool before so I am pretty much a noob when it comes to this.

After reading the forum, people use so many different medias that it was a little overwhelming.

I will be using it on Green River matrix, utah trilo matrix, and some local sandstone and shale in the NW.

Paasche AECR Remote Feed Air Eraser

AECR-Remote-Feed-Eraser_fig.gif

Edited by nathanzx10r

most of us use dolomite and sodium bicarb. The Europeans also use iron filings, which may be hard to find here. Are your Green River fish from the 18 inch layer or the Split Fish? Split fish (yellow matrix, brown bones) are too fragile for any sandblasting. I have done 18 inch fish (darker bones, gray hard shale), but I can't remember if I used bicarb or dolomite.

...The Europeans also use iron filings...

I have heard mention of the use of powdered iron by UK preparators; it is apparently far less aggressive than iron filings.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

most of us use dolomite and sodium bicarb. The Europeans also use iron filings, which may be hard to find here. Are your Green River fish from the 18 inch layer or the Split Fish? Split fish (yellow matrix, brown bones) are too fragile for any sandblasting. I have done 18 inch fish (darker bones, gray hard shale), but I can't remember if I used bicarb or dolomite.

I dont have any yet.... But I will in 8 days when I get there LOL