Able To Add Remote Option To Paashe Aec?

joecooper84

I received the Paashe AEC over the weekend, got home, used it, and realize I'd be having to refill that little hopper quite often (I'm sure I need to adjust the amount flowing through it anyway). I went back to the site and saw the Remote option. Can I use the same air scribe and just buy the Remote option, or is that a completley different airscribe anyway?

What I bought:

http://www.paascheairbrush.com/products/airbrushes-airbrush-parts-and-accessories/Airbrushes/etching-and-striping-tools/etching/AEC

What I'm looking to add:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/PAS-20SCC.html?gclid=CMjQlsTYvMUCFQwFaQodbRAAjg#.VVI1O-S350y

Diagram which leads me to think I'd have to buy a different air brush:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/Airbrushing-Supplies/AECR-Remote-Air-Erasor-Parts/

Thanks all for your help!

Edited by joecooper84

Looks like this is the one you'd want.

You would need a different air eraser.

From what I have heard, the remote option for the air brush type do not work well with the air erasers. ( The $9.97 model. )

I think you would be better off to get the kit that is meant to be used together.

The other option is to jury rig a larger gravity feed cup and adapt the air eraser you are using.

And whatever you do, don't use the aluminum oxide ! It is much too harsh for delicate fossils, but might work for very hard matrices.

I have a top feed one from Harbor Freight. It has a small cup, but I don't do that much prepping, so filling it every few minutes is not that annoying to me, at least not yet.

And I use dolomite powder from a pottery supply store. Or baking soda, right from the box.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I just bought the whole remote kit myself. Havent had a chance to run yet, but when I do I will let ya know how it is.

Thanks guys. I e-mailed Paashe and they will let me exchange it for the remote kit. Let me know how it works nathanzx10r

... I e-mailed Paashe and they will let me exchange it for the remote kit....

That's pretty classy right there. Speaks well for the company!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!