Verts, Verts, And More Verts!

Sharktoothguy11222

Ok, so, first of all, I am beyond thrilled (more like ecstatic), as i have recently purchased from eBay several verts from an Edmontosaurus, Mosasaur, and a, you guessed it, A Spinosaurus aegypticus cervical vertebrate from Morocco!

As I will post soon, I went to the flea market near my house last week, and picked up some nice fossil and meteorite stuff from a fossil collector who is also part of the NY Paleontological Society, but that is for another day, when I have more free time.

First, the verts:

1. From the Hell Creek badlands of South Dakota, we have here an Edmontosaurus annectens It still has most of the neural channel intact, but I still have to prep it. It is 2 1/2 inches long.

post-282-1237404387_thumb.jpgpost-282-1237404408_thumb.jpg[attachm

ent=21789:arcosaur1_003.jpg]

2. Next, a pair of Mosasaur vertebrate from, presumably, the genus Platycarpus?

post-282-1237404440_thumb.jpgpost-282-1237404453_thumb.jpg

3. And finally, the piece d'resistance, a Spinosaurus aegypticus cervical vertebrate. 4 1/4" in length & it weighs a half a pound. It was found in the southernmost part of Morocco near the Algerian border in the phosphate mining region. I am just absolutely thrilled when I got this in the mail today. And, as far as I can tell, no repair! B)

post-282-1237404462_thumb.jpgpost-282-1237404471_thumb.jpg[attachm

ent=21794:arcosaur1_008.jpg]post-282-1237404633_thumb.jpg

Enjoy! :D :D :DB)

post-282-1237404430_thumb.jpg

post-282-1237404479_thumb.jpg

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

Talk about the coolest wine goblet ever!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

ok, but i'm pretty confused at this point. last i remember, you had new mona in your back lungs, which i took to mean that you'd met some girl who took your breath away. then you were gone for awhile and apparently were on some collecting mission on ebay?! where you met a moroccan who sold you a vert that looks like a toe bone that you drink wine from? and you're ecstatic?

where's gethin when you need him. this is definitely one of those through-the-looking-glass moments that he could probably figure out and explain to me.

congralutations, big guy. i know it must be a thrill to do whatever it was you did, and come back with the remnants of big lizards from it.

ok, but i'm pretty confused at this point. last i remember, you had new mona in your back lungs, which i took to mean that you'd met some girl who took your breath away. then you were gone for awhile and apparently were on some collecting mission on ebay?! where you met a moroccan who sold you a vert that looks like a toe bone that you drink wine from? and you're ecstatic?

where's gethin when you need him. this is definitely one of those through-the-looking-glass moments that he could probably figure out and explain to me.

congralutations, big guy. i know it must be a thrill to do whatever it was you did, and come back with the remnants of big lizards from it.

Thanks Tracer! .....I think?....lol j/k :P

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

:thumbsup:

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past