Added My First Three Ranoid Crabs To My Collection!

micropterus101

Daughters sick today so I stayed home and caught up on some concretion cracking. Previously I wrote about the plentiful concs I was collecting at a new locality and the nice Maeandricampus triangulum crabs. Now I can add two species of Ranoids three specimens and Meggokos macrospinus. Four different species crabs in one spot. Also I found some nice gastrpods and my first ever Shark tooth in a concretion, it needs some repair as the tooth busted from the root upon breaking the concretion open. The concretions I opened today had no particular shape suggesting they had crabs so I just whacked em with a hammer. After all the hard work, gas, and time invested in searching for localities its finally paying off. also while cracking some none descript concs from other locals I added a nice mursa crab and Pulalius vulgaris with a huge claw. Its killing me being without my airscribe so for now they all will stay unpreppared.

ranoidcrab.jpg

anotherranoid.jpg

Daughters sick today so I stayed home and caught up on some concretion cracking. Previously I wrote about the plentiful concs I was collecting at a new locality and the nice Maeandricampus triangulum crabs. Now I can add two species of Ranoids three specimens and Meggokos macrospinus. Four different species crabs in one spot. Also I found some nice gastrpods and my first ever Shark tooth in a concretion, it needs some repair as the tooth busted from the root upon breaking the concretion open. The concretions I opened today had no particular shape suggesting they had crabs so I just whacked em with a hammer. After all the hard work, gas, and time invested in searching for localities its finally paying off. also while cracking some none descript concs from other locals I added a nice mursa crab and Pulalius vulgaris with a huge claw. Its killing me being without my airscribe so for now they all will stay unpreppared.

ranoidcrab.jpg

anotherranoid.jpg

send me it , please !!!!! :D

Oh Man! Your killing us other crab guys! But thats ok. You just wait till I get a certain package in the mail, then I will have something to show you! so put that in your pipe buddy!!! Ok, just kidding, Im really happy for you. Just wish I could be there to join in the fun. What happend to your air scribe? And how aobut some pics of the gastros and the shark tooth?

RB

Just a quick response as I head out the door this morning for more cool stuff. Thanks for the comments. Rjb My sylus busted after getting as many sharpenings out of a stock cp scribe stylus as I could. I didnt post a a pic of the shark tooth because the way it broke you can just see 1/16 of the enamel and the whole root. Definetly not one of those cool shark like whale teeth I found last year. I didnt think many were very interested in gastros but I will start posting some pic of those too. Cant wait to see what you get in the mail. Must be that blow up crab youve been talking about? Just kidding :P . Ok well I am out the door heading to crab heaven hope my back holds out carrying all those heavy crab balls out of the woods.

Sounds like you need a 'backup' tip fella? But you are right, not a lot of gastro collectors in the world. But I have always loved them, especialy when they are still in the rock. I would love to see what youve got.

RB