Is This Spinossaurus Aegyptieus Claw Real?

Guguita2104

I bought this Allossaurus claw, but I have not idea if it is real or a fake. It came from Kem-Kem,K'sar-es-Souk Provinz,Taouz, Morocco.Could someone help me?

post-18967-0-35425800-1436965193_thumb.jpg

When I click on your image it does not open up to see an enlargement. What I see in the smaller image is a tooth not a claw from a Spinosaurus sp. but I need to see a better image.

Edited by Troodon

Thanks for all the info! :) However there is another photo of the Spinossaurus tooth ( :) ).

post-18967-0-44361600-1436971900_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guguita2104

Thanks for all the info! :) However there is another photo from the Allosaurus tooth ( :) ).

attachicon.gif20150715_1324381.jpg

Not Allosarus, Spinosaurus.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Real tooth, but it loosk like it was repaired in the middle of the crown. Possibly the tip was salvaged from a different tooth.

In any case, there is definitely some glue in there.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Loadsa Spinosaurus teeth available here.

Spinosaurus must have had an awful lot of teeth and there must have been countless thousands of them wandering about.

Did they loose teeth and replace them, like sharks?

I guess they must have.

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Yes dinosaurs replaced their teeth like sharks but not has often. Typically most theropods like Spino had a replacement tooth growing under the erupted tooth. Breakage happened quite often while enjoying dinner.

Edited by Troodon
  • I found this Informative 3

Not very much enjoying dinner if your teeth break off.

What about other, non theropod dinos?

And Ichthyosaurs, pleasiosaurs, pterosaurs etc. ?

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I don't know but I'm sure others on this forum do. My guess Pterosaurs replaced their teeth.

Not very much enjoying dinner if your teeth break off.

What about other, non theropod dinos?

And Ichthyosaurs, pleasiosaurs, pterosaurs etc. ?

Continuous tooth replacement seems in general to be a reptile trait; even the toothed birds did it.

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Real tooth, but it loosk like it was repaired in the middle of the crown. Possibly the tip was salvaged from a different tooth.

In any case, there is definitely some glue in there.

I second that! Root is piece of bone from *something* it is not a real root imho.

Continuous tooth replacement seems in general to be a reptile trait; even the toothed birds did it.

My son did it too for a while...my daughters too, now that I think of it...

Edited by Ludwigia

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Current saltwater crocodiles are forever losing teeth and growing replacements, I used to work on a crocodile farm here in Western Australia and we used to find lots of teeth lying around the place.