Plant Or Invertebrate Concretion, Or Nothing At All?

Velociraptor99

Hey guys, got a bit of doozy with this dude. It's my first concretion. It's from my younger brother, who found the rock in our local Ruby Tuesday parking lot, in the rocks they use for decoration outside the restaruant. He gave it to me today when I traded him one of my Halo figurines. If this is plant material, then it is my first.

Only problem, the "Ruby Tuesday Formation" doesn't cut it for a location (unfortunately) and it has been several years since he found it. Last concern, it even fossil material, or simply just a weird geologic formation?

post-18599-0-23737100-1437974196_thumb.jpg

So I say to you, Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and door will be opened for you. -Jesus Christ

I agree. Dendritic pseudofossil.Treelike ramifications along a fracture,probably of chert/flint nodule in limestone in your case,which resemble a fossil.Very nice exemple.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library