The Collection Of Tj

Tracer Jr.

post-936-1238020681_thumb.jpg

post-936-1238020722_thumb.jpg

post-936-1238020745_thumb.jpg

probably not the best ya'll have ever seen, but i like it quite a lot :) most of the shark teeth are purchased, except for the display case at the bottom with the great white in the middle. the mastodon tooth is definitely my best find so far. also a few horse teeth, a bison tooth, partial gator jaw (im not sure if it is entirely a fossil, but cool nonetheless), part of a mammoth tooth, and three of my four megs. hopefully i can find a meg or two one day to add to my collection. also, for sharktoothguy, there is a lee creek mako thrown in there. anyways, this is my collection :)

Nice collection! Very nice megs too! B)

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

That's a great collection, TJ! Looks like the shark's teeth are starting to take over...

It's obvious that you care about those fossils; you have them so carefully and artfully arranged for the photo.

Do you have a personal favorite?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That's a very nice collection for anyone but for a 16 year old young man I think it is great

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Great treasures for sure and the mammoth tooth, well

think I just may be jealous. Still haven't found one....

Welcome to the forum!

Great collection, thanks for sharing, now when your dad talks about it, we know what he means. Definitely something to be proud of.

Hey I like it. I wish my collection was that diverse.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

thanks for the replies everyone :) i had no idea i would get so many responses so quickly!

auspex, i absolutely love the great white tooth i found, but the mastodon tooth might just have to be my favorite. i'm pretty sure my dad and i snoopy danced around it for a while before taking a million pictures and finally picking it up. it's difficult to remember, there was too much adrenaline. :) it's a hard decision. i really love all my things!

snakekeeper, i guess sometimes your two hobbies get a little mixed up. thats actually a paperweight that i recieved at a houston astros game as a giveaway. i guess it ended up on my fossil table to keep an eye out on my fossils :) what you guys dont realize is that on my dressers lie about 30 baseballs that i obtained from going to games. several hundred more are sitting in boxes somewhere.

carl, the thing next to the baseball is a piece of lapis lazuli (sp?) that i obtained from one of my dad's friends from afghanistan. lapis lazuli seems to be hard to come by at a decent price, so i thought it was a pretty cool addition to the fossil table.

I can just picture you guys dancing around the mastodon tooth.... :rofl: ...that would've been fun to see.

One thing is clear...there's more room on that desk. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Nice collection!

Do you have a black Light? If so try it on your Lapis. Some lapis will show interesting colors under long wave FL. For that matter try it on all your fossils.

A good start but lacking (unless I missed it) Trilobites! Got to have a 'Bug' in the mix... :D

post-1313-1238073354_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

i actually have a trilobite somewhere, but it is not in very good condition. its not one of the cool ones that was prepped and in matrix. i wish i had a black light because i have some fluorescent minerals, but i dont.

and john, theres always room for more fossils :)

Cool Collection.

Me and my oldest son (who is not into fossils at all) are both Astro fans, but only seem to watch them in person when they come up and play the Rangers. My son has been to Minute Maid Stadium, my last game to see them in Houston was when they were still in the Astrodome.

How did you come up with all the baseballs? Homerun balls? Foul balls? Batting Practice? Just curious.

i actually got the baseballs mainly in batting practice. batting practice home runs, foul balls, balls thrown from players, etc. i have a few game balls that were thrown from players, and one foul ball caught in a game. :)

carl, the thing next to the baseball is a piece of lapis lazuli (sp?) that i obtained from one of my dad's friends from afghanistan. lapis lazuli seems to be hard to come by at a decent price, so i thought it was a pretty cool addition to the fossil table.

Looks a lot like Sodalite, but if it's from Afghanistan it has to be Lapis. Are there any Pyrite flecks in there?

Nice collection TJ! :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.