Petrified Tooth Looking Stones?

jaycolejordygolf

This is what I have come across from the past two days while walking my kids to the river across from my house here in Johnsonburg Pennsylvania. To me they resemble to a very extend what I believe and interpreted as petrified tooth maybe from sharks or other kind of fish but by no mean am I an expert in this field. I am hoping somebody can look at them and give me their opinion on what are they the last picture to me resembles not a tooth but some kind of claw maybe please help.post-18014-0-17199400-1438538458_thumb.jpgpost-18014-0-09241900-1438538480_thumb.jpg

And here is what seems like a small bone fragment of somesorcepost-18014-0-51200500-1438538839_thumb.jpg

Here you can notice the porous texturepost-18014-0-80876400-1438538868_thumb.jpg

I see the resemblances, but I think they are superficial, and that all are stones worn by Ma Nature into suggestive shapes.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for the information it was a lot helpful I just pick em up because of their shape plus in that creek I have found various tooth already here is one from yesterdaypost-18014-0-06630500-1438545324_thumb.jpgpost-18014-0-18963600-1438545358_thumb.jpg

What kind do u think it is and from what era??

Thanks for the information it was a lot helpful I just pick em up because of their shape plus in that creek I have found various tooth already here is one from yesterdayattachicon.gifIMG_20150802_155447.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20150802_155454.jpg

What kind do u think it is and from what era??

This one is quite a bit younger than the sediments in your area, by about 250 million years. If it is a local find, its presence there is completely inexplicable.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

It could have been dropped by someone recently but Indians were known to trade and I am sure a tooth like that would have been thought of greatly by them as it is by people today. More than likely it will be the only one you will ever find in that area.