I Filled A Fossil Dream With A Top Quality Reproduction Archaeopteryx

ZiggieCie

I Filled a Fossil dream with a top quality reproduction Archaeopteryx

We have favorite Fossils that we have long admired, but no possibility to own an original because of rarity, or an outrageous price.

I am very frugal, OK cheap, and I have never bought a Fossil or reproduction, BUT! At our last North Coast Fossil Club meeting, our vice president, Glen Kuban, brought in one of his super quality reproductions of his Archaeopteryx lithographica (Berlin specimen) link.

http://paleo.cc/casts/arch1.jpg

It is amazing! The quality is extremely realistic; the paint job is top quality, you can tell he loves his work. You can see the detail in the feathers, and the bone structure. This reproduction mold is either from the original, or from a very early copy. As I mentioned I am cheap and save my money for quality products; I have always been amazed, in love with the Archaeoptrex, I asked him to make me one.

I did not know that Glen also has a business that creates super quality reproductions, I do now, and his reproductions cover many Fossils we all love. Here is a link to his site at Paleoscene:

http://paleo.cc/casts/kfosscasts.htm

One more link to his Testimonial page from some of his customers:

http://paleo.cc/casts/testimo.htm

I hope you check him out, you may see one of your, out of reach dream Fossils.

arch1.jpg

Photo from PaleoScene web site.

Ziggie

Edited by ZiggieCie
  • I found this Informative 1

Congratulations, Ziggie!

Great price and wonderful looking cast.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Wow!

I've bookmarked this.

The prices aren't high either.

Does yours have a wall hanger on the back? These would be perfect to hang.

I like this one:

pterok.jpg

YES, they come with wall hangers set in. Smaller types will have felt on backs to sit on, where ever you want it, desk, etc. The fossil replica is carefully cast in high-strength gypsum cement. He can also do them in resin, they are a bit more, but lighter.

Thanks for posting this resource. From the photos these are the finest casts i have seen. The prices appear to be reasonable as well.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Wow I love this! I'm definitely bookmarking. I've loved that Archaeopteryx fossil for so long. I think it would be a great Christmas present.

Wow, thank you for sharing. I have also bookmarked the site. Those look like great reproductions! And for great prices!

"Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you" Job 12:8

Wow... How does he get access to some of these specimens? The original green river bat? The green river "running" bird and all those classic solnhofen specimens?

Wow... How does he get access to some of these specimens? The original green river bat? The green river "running" bird and all those classic solnhofen specimens?

Correct he could not and did not. It's probably a cast of a cast someone made at some point in time. The Berlin specimen has more detail and relief.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Archaeopteryx_lithographica_%28Berlin_specimen%29.jpg

Edit: Most important museum specimens like this have casts made when they are prepared or at some point in their life. Since there are a lot of companies selling these casts who knows where this one came from. I would not be surprised if replicas are sold at the Museum store in Berlin where it resides.

Edited by Troodon

Mine will be like the top photo, and I will not be getting it till our next Fossil Club meeting later in Sept. Glen brought one to our last meeting and it was a very good copy of the Original, and I ordered one right there. I will post my photos but it won't be till Sept 19. I hope this helps.

Ziggie