Do You Think This Trilobite Is Real?

Hello guys, recently i bought a new trilobite (because i have an addiction, seriously if its under $30.00 I cant help myself but anyway!!!!) and i would like anyones opnion on it. The bottom part under the head looks "shoved in" to me a i dont know if that should be cause for suspicion? Also can real trilobites be different colors on their bodies? And are small dots on the matirx air bubbes? Any info is great and ill try to post good pictures! If there are any trilobite experts out there id love your opinion.

post-19493-0-00856800-1441404511_thumb.jpg

post-19493-0-94776700-1441404518_thumb.jpg

post-19493-0-78722900-1441404526_thumb.jpg

post-19493-0-10551800-1441404535_thumb.jpg

post-19493-0-62457200-1441404542_thumb.jpg

Sorry to be the bringer of sad news but this is almost certainly a fake or at the very least partially fake.

This kind of trilobite is amongst the ones most often faked and if real would cost a bloody fortune.

Most encountered of this kind are casts or put together from different parts.

Air bubles are a dead give away for fakes.

Sorry

Pat

Pat is more than likely correct, since you got it so cheap and you think you see bubbles, but your photos are not sharp enough in order to for us make an objective judgement on this one.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Don't know what type of camera you are using, but when you attempt to enlarge the pictures they look like an Impressionistic painting. Not clear enough to see much of anything. Sorry!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I would say the pictures are not good enough to pass judgement.

Sometimes you can get a good deal.often at estate sales where the seller has no clue what they are selling.

While often a good indicator of quality you can't alway's tell by price.there is a entire thread on insanely good deals forum members have gotten.

Try to get some better close ups from around the edges, most of the major sections and anything you thought were air bubbles.

Deals can be had so I personally would hate to call it fake on price and bad pictures alone.

It may likely still turn out to be fake especially if you do really see air bubbles.

Edited by Fossil Claw

I agree that better photos are needed to judge properly.

There may be a little hope yet. Even from these blurry photos, the middle of the tail does look like it has some more detail than the rest of the piece. So there may be some real material in there.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Hi,

the photos are very bad...I see nothing.

For example, I bought in a fossil show from a Moroccan dealer a "perfect" Cambropallas telesto how this for 25€ = 30$, and was without resin or recostructions, depend of the dealer, also because these trilobites are very very common complete and perfect, but sometime the diggers extract broken these trilobites and for not to throw them, they paste them or rearrange with resin where the are missing pieces, so we see a lot of this partial recostructed trilobites around the world....

Try to show "detailed" photos in high resolution and maybe we can see the details, of course the bubbles that you said aren't from the middle Cambrian....maybe are bubbles from a glue between two parts broken, I can't understand without the better images.

->>>>> :)<