My Dolphin Ate A Ray!

Guest bmorefossil

If it ate a ray, odds are the ray plates wouldn't still have been in the mouth when it died. I think it's more likely that rays went over top of the skull as it lay on the bottom of the ocean floor and that's how they got there.

Guest bmorefossil
If it ate a ray, odds are the ray plates wouldn't still have been in the mouth when it died. I think it's more likely that rays went over top of the skull as it lay on the bottom of the ocean floor and that's how they got there.

not if it ate it recently and some of the plate was still stuck in its mouth, maybe choked on the thing and died lol

Or perhaps the ray was scavenging the dolphin carcass and shed some plates, or something led to the demise of the ray right on that spot (a hungry tiger shark or Hemipristis perhaps)?

Kevin Wilson

The most likely scenario is that everything is sedimentologically concentrated together (e.g. reworked).

Bobby

Guest bmorefossil
The most likely scenario is that everything is sedimentologically concentrated together (e.g. reworked).

Bobby

i know lol i just get bored sitting here with nothing else to do just thought it was pretty cool, since the skull is filled with inverts i dont think it ate them lol would that be like a invertasaurus :P

Guest bmorefossil
Hey Bmore, have you posted any pics of the skulls on here yet?

nope i have shown it to a few ppl in chat