Exotic Dinosaur Teeth

Runner64

I would love to see some of the rare and exotic teeth some of the forum member's have. Can't wait to see what's posted!

• I found this Informative 1

I've got a tooth that might meet your requirements its rare and definitely exotic. :)

So I'll kick it off with this tooth from Tanzania. Its possibly a ceratosaurid but not completely sure.

post-10935-0-94790400-1441575859_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

I've got a tooth that might meet your requirements its rare and definitely exotic. :)

So I'll kick it off with this tooth from Tanzania. Its possibly a ceratosaurid but not completely sure.

attachicon.gifCertoTanz1.jpg

Woah! I have not seen Tanzanian material in private hands! That's a nice tooth in great condition! Nice way to kick it off for sure.

attachicon.gifCertoTanz1.jpg

Now that's what you call a rare and exotic tooth! I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy a proper camera if I want to contribute photo's to this forum.

Now that's what you call a rare and exotic tooth! I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy a proper camera if I want to contribute photo's to this forum.

Do you have anything rare and exotic? Id love to hear about them if you have any!

Do you have anything rare and exotic? Id love to hear about them if you have any!

Well maybe, it's all relative :-) I'm not in the same league as Troodon though who truly has a spectacular world class collection. I like this post though, because like you I'm sure, I'm obsessed with dinosaur teeth and love to see real photo's of rare and exotic teeth that you just don't see on the market every day.

• I found this Informative 1

Well maybe, it's all relative :-) I'm not in the same league as Troodon though who truly has a spectacular world class collection. I like this post though, because like you I'm sure, I'm obsessed with dinosaur teeth and love to see real photo's of rare and exotic teeth that you just don't see on the market every day.

Well what do you have? I always love to see other teeth, rare or not. My collection is quickly becoming composed of rarer dinosaur teeth. I have found, I have a taste for exotic international teeth. I don't know why, I like to get teeth from rare locations.

Here the most recent addition to my collection:

post-16844-0-02395700-1441641880_thumb.jpg

Dromaeosauridae indet.
(Nuthetes sp.?)

Bexhill, Sussex,
England
Hastings Beds, Wealden
Wadhurst Clay
Cretaceous (Valanginian)

Not the best picture, sorry - and the theropod tooth from Tanzania is pretty cool, Troodon.

• I found this Informative 2

attachicon.gif1.23Nuthetes.JPG

Dromaeosauridae indet.

(Nuthetes sp.?)

Bexhill, Sussex,

England

Hastings Beds, Wealden

Wadhurst Clay

Cretaceous (Valanginian)

Not the best picture, sorry - and the theropod tooth from Tanzania is pretty cool, Troodon.

I love your teeth Suchomimus! I read your thread a while back and envy the amount of European material you have. I am looking into getting a few French teeth but I don't have any from Europe yet!

Such... Is the dromaeosaur tooth in the middle of that block? It looks like it has a serious concavity along the base, like a bird tooth....

Such... Is the dromaeosaur tooth in the middle of that block? It looks like it has a serious concavity along the base, like a bird tooth....

The type specimen is based off of a theropod jaw section with teeth like the one Suchomimus has.

None of my North American raptor teeth have this feature.

attachicon.gif1.23Nuthetes.JPG

Dromaeosauridae indet.

(Nuthetes sp.?)

Bexhill, Sussex,

England

Hastings Beds, Wealden

Wadhurst Clay

Cretaceous (Valanginian)

"

Nice, very cool tooth. Here is a plate from "the history of British Fossils" which shows those teeth. Fig 14-21

post-10935-0-41292800-1441706608_thumb.jpg

Edit: from paper

Fig. 13 and 14. Portions of mandible and teeth of Nuthetes destructor.

Fig. 15. Five detached teeth

Fig. 16. Side view of crown of a tooth of do., magn.

Figs. 17-21. Dermal bones or 'granicones,' probably of Nuthetes.

Edited by Troodon

My Alioramus altai tooth is probably as rare and exotic as it gets.

post-4888-0-58398700-1441719208_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Definetly rare and exotic! Where does it come from and how big is it?

2 5/8 inches, from the Nemegt Formation

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Oh nice, is it a premax? Kinda looks that way from the picture.

I can't tell. I still need to take some high quality photos of it.

Over the years when Mongolian material was readily available in this country, not many isolated teeth other than Tarbosaurus ever came to the open market. So its a nice acquisition Andy. Would also like to see more pictures :popcorn:

Okay will keep the going .

post-10935-0-70932100-1441740704_thumb.jpg

How about a rooted 2 1/2" Dilophosaurus wetherilli tooth. ( Sorry old pictures)

Jurassic 193mya (Sinemurian)

Kayenta Formation

Apache Co., Az

post-10935-0-01063800-1441740217_thumb.jpgpost-10935-0-81916400-1441740575_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

attachicon.gif766px-Dilophosaurus_skull.jpg

Kayenta Formation

Apache Co., Az

attachicon.gifDilotooth2D57.jpgattachicon.gifDilotoothD57.jpg

Awesome tooth! I'm impressed every time I see it. Was that a self find or did you buy it?

Awesome tooth! I'm impressed every time I see it. Was that a self find or did you buy it?

Purchased it a long long time ago.

attachicon.gif766px-Dilophosaurus_skull.jpg

Kayenta Formation

Apache Co., Az

attachicon.gifDilotooth2D57.jpgattachicon.gifDilotoothD57.jpg

Never thought I'd see a Dilophosaurus tooth! Color me impressed. Have you ever see anyone else with one?

Never thought I'd see a Dilophosaurus tooth! Color me impressed. Have you ever see anyone else with one?

Outside of museums I've never seen another one.

It is quite an impressive tooth. You don't see much coming out of Arizona. Is fossil hunting illegal? Or is there not much to find there?

Nice teeth so far everyone. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed by what's been posted.

Edited by Runner64