Spinosaurus Tooth

josh_2727

So I came across these spinosaurus teeth and I have some questions/concerns. I don't have great knowledge for identifying fake teeth and would like some help with these. IMO they look real, but on the upper tooth I'm not sure if the left side has had some fabrication done. From some basic online comparisons, that part of the tooth should be the root and no other spinosaurus tooth online has this much build up of matrix. I'm leaning towards it being leftover matrix which hasn't been removed because I do see some of this material on the tip of the tooth, but I would like to be sure and see if its something to be concerned with.

post-17869-0-97950400-1442277497_thumb.jpg

Teeth look real but would like to see the other side. Upper tooth does not appear to have any reconstruction just left over matrix. I think youre okay.

I see a yellowish bubble looking thing at the root. I don't know what it is though

"Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you" Job 12:8

Teeth look real but would like to see the other side. Upper tooth does not appear to have any reconstruction just left over matrix. I think youre okay.

Thanks for the advice!, and I agree would be nice to see the other side as well

I see a yellowish bubble looking thing at the root. I don't know what it is though

Yeah there's a couple odd things in the matrix

They look real to me.

"They" do like to use their sandy slurry mixture to fill gaps and cracks, which may be the case here in some spots. But it does add stability.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

The teeth still look real. Spino teeth are common, so there wouldn't really be a point in making fakes. The root could have been restored maybe but the teeth are genuine

"Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you" Job 12:8

The top one is definitely real. That "bubble" is just a pebble.

The bottom one is harder to tell. It's real but it's hard to tell if it's been repaired.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite