Another group of fossils I dig out from One of the "Big Two": Chengjiang (Corals were found in The Forest of Stones)

Monchi3000

These fossils were found out by myself when I flew to Yunnan Prov, P.R.China in Sep 2015, they are groups of many fossils I dig in wild side in 2 locations: Chengjiang's Maotianshan fossil deposit and out hills of The Forest of Stones. As we can see the 2 places' fossils are look very different, Maotianshan's looks like clay and sand rock around fossils, so they are really easily be broken, you have to use gloves and carefully to take them. but fossils in the forest of stones are usually covered in giant Karst ancient seabed big-rocks, these rocks usually covered and made by limestone, so usually very hard to dig by normal geological hammer and fossils inside are also looks like be covered by limestone.

P.S: I still not sure what kind of creature on the 1st photo, its looks like a red sponge, 2nd are they sea worms? But looks like they are real soft-bodied creatures or remaining.

post-15926-0-91103100-1444630054_thumb.jpg

post-15926-0-05325400-1444630071_thumb.jpg

I agree with Scylla on the trilo and corals, and have no idea what the other things are.

Has the big black coral been treated in any way? Any prepping done on it? I see similar ones on Ebay that look like they have been altered (with a file, for instance), so am not sure how original they are.

• 2 weeks later...