Looking for plants and invertebrates

IonRocks

I currently am looking for plant or invertebrate fossils (I'd also accept a fish) nothing truly specific, but I don't have much interest in mammals or dinosaurs and such.

I can easily be convinced to trade the ammonite (note it has a little paint (?) on it), the fusulinids, and the gastropods. i value the wood and the crinoid a but more but they are still up for trade. I lack info on most of these though. post-19394-0-93432600-1445899945_thumb.jpg Close ups in comments

Edited by IonRocks

That looks like a very nice crinoid! The fusulinids are interesting too.

Do you have location info for any of this? (I know about the gastros)

I have location for the crinoid and the wood, but otherwise no the location was forgotten by the original owner (My friend) The crinoid is from Illinois and the wood is from Wyoming. I may be able to figure out the fusulinids. These were mostly found on a petroleum geologists work trips, many without paleontology ideas in mind (oh cool lets get it) but the fusulinids were for a test on how old an area was. They were important enough to be labeled (with numbers meaningless to me, tape on the back says 486') I have part of a core sample related to them.

Oh I'm not sure Ziggie. I'm always interested in what I don't have, so plant fossils would be cool. It is one of my more valued specimens that in still willing to trade, so something equally nice of course ;)

I only have a small green river leaf is the plant department. I always love trilobites, as long as they have a moderate prep job (those wire brushed Utah ones kill me) I mostly don't know what to ask for, because I have to know what other people are willing to give, but I guess you don't know what I'd be willing to take for this... I'm looking to represent as many localities as possible with my collection. I'd enjoy Mazon creek stuff. I do have some interest in earlier vertebrates. Teeth are generally cool (don't have any yet) I currently would enjoy any inverts other than ammonites (idk maybe someone is willing to trade one I'd like) General rule, I like bigger stuff, and I like smaller stuff. Inbetween not so much. And I have no fish. Or vert material at all. I wouldn't have a problem with non invertebrate/plant offers. Yes that was a really long ramble on how I don't not like anything ;)

It should be noted that the surface detail isn't near perfect on it either, so ID may be impossible.

Edited by IonRocks

Okay, so the crinoid already has a few offers. Not traded yet, but it won't take long. Everything else is still totally available

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awww man, that Crinoid is awesome! Shame I'm too late. U ever wanna swap some stuff for Aussie inverts let me know! It seems your collection is lacking!

"That belongs in a museum!"

- Indiana Jones

I think everybody who saw that crinoid wanted it. But some of us couldn't think of any spares that were worth trading for it..