One Escargo to go Please.

RJB

When I went to the state of Washington in September to trade for crab balls I also got two concretions with these turbin gastropods in them. This one has problems and I also had to glue on the tip which was in the other half of the concretion and then start to prep. This one is taking way too long but this is what it looks like at the moment. I still have a lot of rock to take off but it was nice to do something different. No rear ends on crabs get reeeeeeeeal old!!! I only have one of these so someday soon I just may have 2!! Wooooop!!! Wooooop!!!!

Oh, this concretion is about the size of a soft ball. I don't know the formation it comes from?

RB

post-171-0-92425300-1446158660_thumb.jpg

Ornamented gastropods are real pretty, and that one looks like it will be worth the work.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Ok, I put in about 2 more hours. Here it is now. Ive still got quite a bit of rock to remove and then cut a flat spot on the bottom so it will sit the way I want it to.

RB

post-171-0-28731500-1446242362_thumb.jpg

RB, Nice!

I hadnt thought about crab rear ends ever being a problem for someone before but I used to have a roommate in college who was a chicken sexer (you have to apparently separate the males from the females before shipping the chicks out) to make money for college and that is not real glamorous job either but its got to be done! LOL. thanks for the image! LOL.

Continue with the outstanding prep work with crabs or snails! I wish I had that prep talent!

Regards, Chris

Thanks Plantguy.

Ptychodus04, I do like the gastropods so a little bit too much time for the right snail isn't too bad.

RB

My dad was into gastropods and bivalves. He would get really excited when he found a new one for his collection and I would humor him. Then, when I found a nasty, poorly preserved, croc/turtle/dino bone, he would return the favor! I appreciate you sharing your many prep jobs. Crabs, snails, and ammonites. Well done

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, a few more hours in this darn thing, but its coming along. Still a ways to go but here is what it looks like now.

RB

post-171-0-56016500-1447457309_thumb.jpg

Hey Kris. Now I am thinking of taking it out of the matrix. I do love fossils still in the matrix, but this one just doesn't seem to want any rock on it.

RB