Is this a suitable compressor?

TNCollector

I am looking to convert to pneumatic tools. My electric engraver doesn't do well with fragile items. I live in an apartment complex so it can't be loud, but I came up on this one that has great reviews and is very quiet. I was wondering if some of you fossil prep pros could take a look and tell me if you think it would be suitable for the tools used in fossil prep.

http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/Rolair-JC10-Air-Compressor/p9116.html?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=shop+portals&utm_campaign=JC10&gclid=CO_J5YOw78gCFVQkgQod20cOeA

Just my 2 pence worth, I believe everything depends on the tools you will be using. If you get something similar to PaleoTool's ME9100, this unit may not support the required CFM's to make it run properly.

• I found this Informative 1

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

It will run an air abraider and a PaleoTools Micro-jack since these do not require high CFM to operate. It will struggle a bit with an Aro and will probably not work well with a ME9100. If most of your work is delicate, detail work, it should be fine. If you need bulk matrix removal, it will struggle.

Thanks for the help!

The only matrix removal I will be doing is around small trilobites and shark teeth in a hard limestone matrix. Most of the work I will be doing is air abrasion.

With this added information, should this unit suffice?

Edited by TNCollector