N Sulfur River and Post Oak Creek Newbie

jonemac

Got hooked on sharks teeth on Manasota Key and the Peace River. Vacation there from KC is once or twice a year so I wanted to find a drive-able alternative. I have been a cereal lurker for years and found North Texas with the Sulfur River and Post Oak Creek would be the ticket. Oct 14th my wife and I went to Post Oak creek and my first screen had a sharks tooth! For being late in the season the creek was still running high, no gravel bars to walk. We found enough teeth, coral, and what the heck is that's to feel this part of the trip was worthwhile. The next two days we went to the N Sulfur river. The temp was 95 but a cold front went thru a couple days ago and there was minimal humidity, it was not bad at all. Since the river was scoured over (by the amount of posts here) We focused on the small black material hoping that the dime sized piece showing was attached to a buried tooth. It was not to be but we both found alot of material and were overall happy with our trip.post-13127-0-84591900-1446521170_thumb.jpg