A skull? A mollusk cast?

Cod2Go

Yor specimen appears to be just an anomalous natural stone, nature does some amazing things to limestone.

Here is a picture of a stone found in Texas.

It too looks like a skull.

post-9194-0-36321200-1447236313_thumb.jpg

Creepy huh?

Jess B.

Edited by bone2stone

I agree with bone2stone. Weathered limestone, not a skull.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

The level of symmetry of my piece is higher. The lines in the first picture are pretty symmetrical, and the last picture fails to show a crashed and filled cavity mirroring the smaller one.

But, I know it is worthy to trust the experts, I guess I will see it after a while.

Thank you for your replies!

The symmetry is suggestive, but imperfect. We are so wired to see symmetry that we often leap without scrutiny. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Also, fossil bone has a specific texture that is not often copied geologically. That's the first step to identification of a bone. Symmetry and shapes are VERY misleading.

Don't get discouraged because this isn't a fossil. The real bones will start showing up in your collecting bucket eventually.