Upper Maastrichtian Fosills From Poland

hoploscaphit

Great links and Welcome to forum from Texas :roar: like to see more pic of your collection

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

The pale pastel colors of your gastropods and bivalves is lovely :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hello here you have a sample of my Upper Maastrichtian Fossils from Middle Vistula Valley Central Poland

Cephalopods from Middle Vistula valley Poland

Gastropods and Bivalves

Welcome to the Forum. Where is Pulawy? I've traveled rather extensively in Poland from Gdansk to Zakopane but don't recognize this town. I always greatly enjoyed my time and travels in your country.

Puławy is city placed 120 km south from Warsaw on right bank of Vistula river and my collection comes from neighbourhood of my city. Thats nice but u should travel more in eastern parts of Poland :D

The pale pastel colors of your gastropods and bivalves is lovely
hehehehe :D

Here is a sample of echinoids from my collection the Cenomanian one comes from vicinity of Cracow the Danian ones comes from Puławy

Echinoids

The scale is 1 cm.

Welcome to the forum from Philadelphia. Beautiful fossils, are they in a chalk matrix?

Dave

post-1408-1239575896_thumb.jpg

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the forum from Philadelphia. Beautiful fossils, are they in a chalk matrix?

thx the fossils are in opoka matrix (opoka = siliceous limestone)

I love seeing fossils from the other side of the Atlantic and how they compare to ours.
or how yorus compares to our Europenian ones :D

• 7 months later...

I enjoyed seeing your finds as the preservation and fauna are in some ways quite similar to what I see in parts of Texas. Good Maastrichtian exposures are hard to find here, but once found they can be quite spectacular and productive. From this age I've found good exposures of Escondido and Corsicana formations in Texas. Ammonites I've found include Sphenodiscus, Discoscaphites, and several forms of Pachydiscus, some possibly undescribed. I find a few Eutrephoceras nautiloids but Belemnites of this age are extremely rare here. Echinoids include Hemiaster, Proraster, Linthia, Plesiaster, Cardiaster, Rachiosoma, Codiopsis, and Phyllobrissus.

The chalks you hunt look very similar to the Pecan Gap and Anacacho formations that I hunt here, which are Campanian. Ammonites I've found include Bostrychoceras, Didymoceras, Placenticeras, Pachydiscus, Glyptoxoceras, Trachyscaphites and rare Solenoceras. We get some nautiloids of this age as well and I'm guessing they are Eutrephoceras. The echinoid genera I've encountered include Cardiaster, Hemiaster, Echinocorys, Phyllobrissus, Hardouinia, Codiopsis, Mecaster, Salenia and perhaps a few others.

Shark teeth and crustacean material pop up in both our Maastrichtian and Campanian sediments with systematic searching. Thanks for sharing.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Very nice pieces.. and welcome , hope you post more pictures!!!pic.gif

if you go to this user's profile, you will see that they have not been active since august.