Looking for Mastadon Tooth

believerjoe

My son and I have been collecting together for a while now and one thing that has always peeked his interest is a mastodon tooth. We find enamel, but nothing more. Anyone have one for sale for a decent price or willing to trade for Mosasaur or whatever else we have to offer? I am guessing this is a long shot, but I see some floating around. I just missed one on Facebook and I am kicking myself for that. Thanks for any info or leads that may develop.

I am checking them out now. I have never purchased a fossil myself, so I am still in debate. I will let you know if I am following through... Thanks.

I am checking them out now. I have never purchased a fossil myself, so I am still in debate. I will let you know if I am following through... Thanks.

Hahaha! What a coincidence. I just bought a Mastodon tooth from PrehistoricFlorida today! Great deal and from the pics it looks like an awesome deal. And since its not a complete tooth it didn't break the bank.

post-20038-0-85184400-1447841446_thumb.jpg

"That belongs in a museum!"

- Indiana Jones

I am looking at partial. Not a serious collector. It is more the opportunity to own something to prove to people that the pieces we call mastodon enamel are real. So the pieces we find are gold and luckily they have that. Still not sure about how much, but at least an option. Enjoy that tooth!

Bear in mind that this topic is in the Trades forum...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Bear in mind that this topic is in the Trades forum...

cool, thanx mate, I tend to get excited and caught up in the conversation and forget what the thread is...

"That belongs in a museum!"

- Indiana Jones