This will be one of my bestest gas crabs!

RJB

This little beauty, with a little help with fixing a few problems should turn out to be a purty good crab. The ###### end is not quite right. The right elbow was hollow and caved in whilst prepping. A few other miner things and also the left claw will be going under the crab itself and im still not sure if the eye stalks are there? But get aload of the color of this specimen! Just as pretty as it can be, plus right now its a 7 legger! Still a gas crab for me, I wont be keeping this one, but its one of the best gas crabs ive done in a long time. Ive got a few more hours to finish this little guy up but im quite happy with it. As fossil crabs go that is.

RB

post-171-0-98122400-1449358364_thumb.jpg

This little beauty, with a little help with fixing a few problems should turn out to be a purty good crab. The ###### end is not quite right. The right elbow was hollow and caved in whilst prepping. A few other miner things and also the left claw will be going under the crab itself and im still not sure if the eye stalks are there? But get aload of the color of this specimen! Just as pretty as it can be, plus right now its a 7 legger! Still a gas crab for me, I wont be keeping this one, but its one of the best gas crabs ive done in a long time. Ive got a few more hours to finish this little guy up but im quite happy with it. As fossil crabs go that is.

RB

what is a gas crab?

Wow, that's a beautiful piece :wub: and I too would like to know what a gas crab is :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

"Gas crabs" are the ones Ron sells for gas.

Hopefully, he will price this one soon. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I am guessing because the sale of them pays for his gas.

"Gas crabs" are the ones Ron sells for gas.

Hopefully, he will price this one soon. ;)

Well that makes a lot of sense now lol, turns out I have a lot of gas fossils too :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Ok, first, I apologize to everyone. it has been brought to my attention of what ive been doing by the way I write my post of my 'gas crabs'. And yes, GasCrabs are the ones I sell to pay for gas for my fossil trips. I wont be selling this one or any of my others for quite some time. Im very sorry for any confusion.

RB

• I found this Informative 2

Thanks for the clarification, Ron.

Your quest for the "perfect crab" continues..... ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Aaaaaaaaalrighty then. I do apologize for any confusion. I will be selling this someday, but that day is a few years away. Ive put in several more hours in this little beauty and it still has about 1 1/2 hours to go to clean it up and get it done but here is a picture of what it looks like now.

RB

post-171-0-17126100-1450050024_thumb.jpg