Ammolite

Gemolite

Very pretty. :)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Those are very nice. Ammolite is certainly beautiful material. The pieces you have in hand are roughly twice the size of Ammolite I have frequently handled and mounted as jewelry. From the photo they appear to display some of the curvature of the original shell configuration. I like that. The smaller pieces I have worked with are mostly flat; which is nice for making a pendant, but the curve gives more a sense of the creature. Lastly, I believe the predominant purple color displayed is much less common, making it very desirable. I had the chance about 25 years ago to purchase an intact ammonite that was covered in jewel quality Ammolite. I was not familiar with the material and passed, even though the price was modest and the piece was striking. snolly's an idiot.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I've been considering selling these two pieces. I have a fairly large collection.

FYI: This is a trade forum; no sales discussions allowed.

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!