Winner of the 2015 Vertebrate Find Of The Year!

JohnJ

The Winner of the 2015 Vertebrate Find Of The Year is the Ptyonius marshii amphibian from the Mid-Pennsylvanian Cannel Coal of Ohio, U.S.A.!!! This was, indeed, an uncommon glimpse at a beautiful specimen. Congratulations to fossilcrazy (John) on his outstanding, rare find from a sparse supply of the Cannel Coal!

:goodjob:

post-420-0-40552600-1452630892_thumb.jpg post-420-0-27852700-1452630893_thumb.jpg

Congratulations again to all the other monthly winners of 2015! :thumbsu:

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congratulations, John!

Wonderful fossil and deserving of the award.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thank you for the honor and kind compliments. For sure there are other candidates this past 2015 year, who could easily have taken the place also. I'm very admiring of their finds ! ! !

To all the Fossil Forum members out looking for the next IFOTM and VFOTM, HAPPY HUNTING and I'm looking forward to you pushing the bar ever so much higher with your finds.

What an awesome find! Congrats on a deserving win :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Congrats, John! That little amphibian is definitely something special. I'm surprised my little fish put up such a fight. Thanks to everyone who voted.

Good hunting!

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Well done John!

The fossil of the year comp. was a great way to reminisce about a year with great TFF fossils and community.

I wasn't surprised that it was tight Charlie, that's one beautiful fish!

Though I had a dog in this race, I'm glad to see that Charlie's beautiful Mazon Creek fish and John's rare coal-based (literally) amphibian got the love they truly deserved in the voting. 2015 had a fantastic diversity of vertebrate fossils on display--not only those that made it into the monthly competitions but those that were pictured in all those topics last year that were both informative and a bit envious. Hope all these finds motivate others to plan a trip to go try their luck at a FOTM for 2016.

Congrats again John--hope this fossil sits in a place of honor.

Cheers.

-Ken

Congrats for this rare fossil !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congrats! Amazing fossil! :thumbsu:

"Men became scientific because they expected Law in Nature, and they expected Law in Nature because they believed in a Legislator." - C.S. Lewis

That's outstanding! Congrats for the find,John! post-17588-0-06843500-1453061323.gif

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

• 2 weeks later...