Winner of the 2015 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Year!

JohnJ

The Winner of the 2015 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Year is the Tumidocarcinus giganteus crab from the Miocene Mount Brown Formation of New Zealand!!! It was a very close vote; but, I am sure this honor adds to the list of reasons why it was a good decision to haul this rock off the beach. :D Congratulations to Craig (Doctor Mud) on his find and preparation of this striking crab!

:goodjob:

post-420-0-58009200-1452631735_thumb.jpg post-420-0-55232300-1452631736_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-69421500-1452631737_thumb.jpg post-420-0-58554400-1452631738_thumb.jpg

Congratulations again to all the other monthly winners of 2015! :thumbsu:

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congratulations Craig!

Beautiful crab.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Craig, Mighty fine Arthropod and pristine preparation. Your fossil deserves a place of recognition. Nice to see International FF members showing national treasures. Cheers.

Congrats on the win and that beautiful crab, great prep too! :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Congrats, Craig! A beautiful find, repair and prep! I can't wait to go and find my own NZ crab.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Congratulations!

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

What an honour!

I was pleasantly surprised to see that this Tumido took top honours. The prep wouldn't have been possible without the shared knowledge of everyone here on TFF. I often look at this specimen and think "wow, I wasn't sure if I was going to carry this out". Sure glad I did!

Thanks to everyone who voted! Also a tip of the hat to Fred for his amazing Trilobite! It was close in the end!

Amazing finds everyone! Anyhow long did that take to prep, Dr Mud? Awesome find/prep!

Thanks Dinoboy, it took about 150 hours. The hard part was the front of the carapace. I had to go really slow to make sure the shell didn't flake.

Congrats, Craig! A beautiful find, repair and prep! I can't wait to go and find my own NZ crab.

Thanks Charlie,

I'd love to take you to Tumido land if you make it to New Zealand!

Well deserved. Makes me want to visit New Zealand again (not like I need another reason to visit that magical country).

Well worth 150 hours of prep for a beauty like this and the big prize for 2015. What will 2016 bring?

Cheers.

-Ken

Thanks to everyone who voted! Also a tip of the hat to Fred for his amazing Trilobite! It was close in the end!

It was close indeed, but the crab is a well deserved winner! ^_^

Congrats!

Paleo database, information and community

LogoS.png

Congrats ! It is a marvelous crab and a great prep.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congrats. He looks like he could crawl right out of that rock! Beautiful specimen! :thumbsu:

"Men became scientific because they expected Law in Nature, and they expected Law in Nature because they believed in a Legislator." - C.S. Lewis