Preppin out a couple more crabs

RJB

Got my big truck and 20 foot trailer all hooked up and loaded and ready to go to the property. then we realize that the left back wheel has a problem? Wow! The bearings are gone and the wheel is wobbely! Just couldn't handle it. Said to myself quietly, F-it and went into the garage and started prepping. Just got away from the world for a few hours. and what a very nice and very wonderful hours those were! I got this concretion from a friend of mine a few years ago and it has lots of problems but it was nice to just put my attentions towards a rock. then after some time on this rock I picked up one I left a long time ago and wow, this second rock now is an 8 legger! Ive still got lots of time to finish up both and when I will do that, I really don't know. Maybe the next time I want to leave the planet again? Ha!!

RB

post-171-0-27009700-1456702591_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-38138700-1456702620_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-00788900-1456702641_thumb.jpg

Here is the same crab that I worked on this morning, but I did a lot more this afternoon, I was just too lazy to take a picture of it at the time. It was a bit 'sticky' and I hate that, but I did the best that I can. I still have to clean it up with my ARO and then a very small bit of acrylic and then,,,,,, it will be Waaaaalaaaaaa!!!

RB

post-171-0-48792500-1456787604_thumb.jpg

Ynot. The left claw is going underneath the face and I gave up on the right one. its purty much done.

RB

Ynot. The left claw is going underneath the face and I gave up on the right one. its purty much done.

RB

Well it does look very nice, so I can see why You stopped at the stage You did.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Dang you are the Crab Man indeed.

And as said good you noticed it before flying 75 down the road.

Bearing and a race maybe?

Edited by amour 25

Jeff

Hey Toni. if it was a better crab I maybe would have tried a bit more on the right claw, but those 'reachers' are tuff to get to the points.

Yes amour25, already got a new set of bearings and races along with dust cap.

RB

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I did a bit more work on this little one and got it done as im going to get it. Here is a pic. ive also done a bit of work on the bigger one, but I have a long ways to go to finish the big one.

RB

post-171-0-38270300-1458770526_thumb.jpg

Wow, I wish that I had crabs like you! Wonder if you could go on a bit about your micro abrasive equipment and any cleaning tips?

Ok, I did a bit more work on this little one and got it done as im going to get it. Here is a pic. ive also done a bit of work on the bigger one, but I have a long ways to go to finish the big one.

RB

dang fine work again.

Edited by Fossil Claw

Thanks guys. Even though its only a B-Grade crab for me, its still a perty dang nice B-Grade!!! Lots of leg. always a nice thing.

RB