Raymondites Trilobite

Northern Sharks

Last week I won this cephalon from ebay. This is a rare bug from the same area where I regularly hunt, the Bobcaygeon Formation, although it comes from a quarry that was closed to the public before I got started. I won't hold my breath hoping the thorax is buried, but you never know. Either way, I'm happy. Great condition for what is there, just needs to be blasted a bit to really bring it out. It measures about 3.5 cm (1 3/8") across.

post-77-1241047002_thumb.jpg

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

The way this usually works is that now you'll find 'em every time you go out! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

The way this usually works is that now you'll find 'em every time you go out! :P

One can dream Auspex, one can dream

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Wow. Really nice trilobite!

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

If I'm looking right that does have good possibilities for more to be there. Nice catch!

~Frank

Be true to the reality you create.