Nothing But Bones.

Traviscounty

Checked out a dry creek today. No interesting fossils, just some bones, but it was a pretty cool spot.

post-1159-1241481636_thumb.jpg

post-1159-1241481672_thumb.jpg

That first skull is nasty! I hope you didn't touch it. That second skull is super cool. Can I have it please! By the way you still have my skull I found at the lake!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I collect the skulls for "scarying" the kids on Halloween.

I tell the Mexican kids that I have a skull of "the Chupacabra."

Usually they tell their parents and they come running up to see what I have shown the kids. Pretty funny.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Guest solius symbiosus

Forgive my ignorance of all things vert, but what is that first skull? The only thing around here(that I know of) that would look like that is an opossum.

Forgive my ignorance of all things vert, but what is that first skull? The only thing around here(that I know of) that would look like that is an opossum.

That's what I was thinking, all those gnarly teeth.

I agree, definitely opossum--those critters are mean as hell!!!

Yeah, it was a opossum. It had a little too much meat left to bring it home. Any idea what the other skull is on the table?

Also found this piece, but not sure if it was a tool?

post-1159-1241529734_thumb.jpg

post-1159-1241529760_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it was a opossum. It had a little too much meat left to bring it home. Any idea what the other skull is on the table?

I think the other skull is a moo-cow.

Your tool looks to be a preform. A piece that is indeed worked, but not to its final form. They were carried around for trading or to be made into a tool as was needed.

Bring that with you when you come up and Ill take it...uh, I mean take a look at it. :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

That skull on the table looks like a deer skull that has had the rack (horn's) cut off. B)B)B):D

It's my bone!!!

Good finds, you could have put the nasty one in the back of the truck to take home and put on a ant bed, after a few days it will be clean as a whistle.