MKEPanther

I'm new to this forum and am hooked! Spent hours reading through threads and have such horrible shark tooth fever now :). Would love to go on a creek hunt, but don't know where to go... I live in Wisconsin and am planning a road trip over an extended weekend (Memorial Day) to SC, just to hunt for shark teeth. (I'm THAT dedicated, where I'll make a 15 hour drive to get there!!!)

I've hunted in Florida (shore line and also panned out in the water with my home made floating shark tooth sifters. Have hunted in FL for years...however it seems that SC might offer more "big guys" (Meg's, etc). The biggest I've found in FL is about 1-1.5 inch. Lots of broken ones, but quite a few intact.

Any tips (areas that might pan out and are open to public), recommendations (besides bringing lots of drinking water, wear sun and bug protection, any other things to watch out for?)...and any groups that wouldn't mind more company? Would love to go with local shark tooth enthusiasts, as I'm not familiar with the area or this type of hunting. I'm not even sure what area of SC to stay during my visit to be closest to shark tooth action (Mrytle Beach area? Folly Beach? Edisto?) so recommendations on general location would also be appreciated. Will need to book a hotel room soon...

Thanks all!!

Edited by MKEPanther

Welcome to The Forum. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Hello and welcome to the forum! Are shark teeth your main collecting material?

...I'm back.

Welcome aboard :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Shark teeth are my main interest (but if I come across sting ray barbs, cool shells, etc, I'll collect too). I don't sell anything I find. They all stay in my personal collection and I admire them...imagining the size of the shark they came from!

Welcome to TFF ! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library