What Is It

Ramo

Wow!!!

A member since Aug of 07 Member #40, and I think this is my first TWO PAGER (that I started)

I guess I'm more of a lurker than a poster.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

That's cool. I used to live up there and left a lot of stuff laying where I found it. I was more interested in whole fossils. Now I know what some those things are that I left behind (yours is the first one of those I've seen). Doh!

I stayed at one of the hotels at that exit three years ago. Just up the road from there as you go up the hill (on Brooks Hill Road appropriately) I found some Mississippian fossils in the cuts along the road. I would advise a sharp ear and eye to traffic though, very narrow shoulder and fast drivers.

I think Bowkill is referring to Shepherdsville which is also in Bullitt County. I see the spot you are describing exactly. Looks like another pile might be on the sw corner of the intersection behind a different gas station.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/