Half an ammonite !

RJB

I brought home a bunch of rock from South Dakota last weekend. I thought Id post a picture of this ammonite being that it looks soooooooooo darned good! And it does, but the other side is absolute toast!!! The opposite side was outside the edge of the rock and got destroyed. Sad but that's the way mother nature is sometimes. Still a very nice display piece though.

RB

post-171-0-93971900-1460123631_thumb.jpg

I cleaned this ammo up a little bit today. Here is what is looks like now, plus the other side just to show you what I mean by 'toast'.

RB

post-171-0-60428400-1460153785_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-67235000-1460153799_thumb.jpg

"Toasted bagel" is more like it. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I wouldn't complain, it looks better than most things I find here, where most ammonites are missing one whole side - since burial, not just since exposure/erosion! (Natural either way)

I'll get in the queue here too. Just throw it over the Atlantic to me and I'll toss a nice Jurassic ammonite multiblock back in its place :)

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/