Sante Fe?

darren

Hey yall north florida boys i've been trying to get someone to dive the santa fe with me but no takers anyone intrested? Also anygood ramps?

red?

thanks darren

Darren, I live about 10 minutes from it... Unfortunately, I don't have diving stuff... Give me a while to get some and I'd be glad to go along with ya.

It depends on what part you want to dive... There's a lot of ramps

let me know Have boats will travel. trying to get alittle 5hp motor so i don't need a boat ramp.

anyplaces were you don't need dive gear we could hit till you get urs.

cris are you certified to dive?

Not certified, yet... Plan on getting all that good stuff done in the next few months if I can...

let me know will be heading up that way soon!!

20-30 feet of hose, fittings, regulator with tank up in the boat. Sneakers. Weighbelt, right hand release. Clear mask repeatedly. boom. Sunday? LOL.

you leave the tank in the boat?

Auriculatus yeah its like the poor mans hooka rig I have a regulator with the fittings to add in 50 or 100 foot of hose leave tank and bc in boat. I use this on the peace when im in shallow water under 5ft.

Auriculatus let me know whens a good weekend for you I will gas the boat up.

darren

Darren , there are some good ramps around my place just let me know and I'll be glad to but you guys on them.

Red

It's my bone!!!

I haven't been swimming or diving in the Santa Fe for almost three years. I am desolate.

Red, gonna come up when the weather warms up, even though I've dove that river in the winter many times. Happy Hunting!

I haven't been swimming or diving in the Santa Fe for almost three years. I am desolate.

Red, gonna come up when the weather warms up, even though I've dove that river in the winter many times. Happy Hunting!

tom name the weekend and well go..Comeon accept this weekend going digging on lake apopka

Auriculatus yeah its like the poor mans hooka rig I have a regulator with the fittings to add in 50 or 100 foot of hose leave tank and bc in boat. I use this on the peace when im in shallow water under 5ft.

Auriculatus let me know whens a good weekend for you I will gas the boat up.

darren

I rigged up two 2nd stage regulator hoses with quick-release fittings so that a 50-foot hose could be spliced into them. The tanks could be left in the boat. The advantage is freedom from the weight and bulk of a tank on your back.

The down-side is that you can't "scout" the river, that is, drift along looking for good places to hunt. While the hose does float (slightly bouyant), there are just too many snags with which to contend. With two divers in the water, there are sometimes crossed hoses. The coils in the hoses sometimes got snarled, as well.

The best use for this rig was in relatively slow-moving water, shallow (up to about 15 feet, in my case), where I wanted to spend a tank or two working the bottom sediments.

All things considered, it was a successful improvisation for me. I have the fossils to prove it. :P

----------Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest