post-423-0-05533200-1460829898_thumb.jpeg
Hope you enjoy this topic.
Regards,
Guguita
Edit:How could I rotate the picture?

EDIT: Got it :)

Edited by Guguita2104

Classical guitar :)

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

violin when I was a kid. I can still make some noise on it, but to say I can play it would be an exaggeration.

When I was younger I used to make a living playing guitar and now I've even learned to play a second instrument and blow into it sometimes when I'm on stage.

post-2384-0-86716600-1460840821_thumb.jpg

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I've played guitar for a million years...since I was a young teen. Acoustic and electric. In rock bands on and off. However, I'm not a natural talent so I'd rate myself about a 7 out of 10. With all the thousands of hours I've played, others would be a 'Guitar God' by now.

I also collect guitars...mostly Fenders. Here's a photo of some of 'the girls'. They are in the 'Fossil Museum' during the cold months and put in the music/sun room in Spring. Never know which one I'll play until I sit down...maybe Spanish on a nylon string or some hard driving rock on a Stratocaster.

Edited...in response to Ludwigia's post. I got my first guitar in Germany in 1969...a Framus brand. Didn't know how to play...couldn't read German ...so would listen to the rock station, Radio Luxembourg, and just try to copy what I heard. My parents must have suffered. A couple years later a friend and I hopped on a train to Paris where I bought a second hand Stratocaster. Took all the money I earned working a summer job. If you had a guitar, you could be in a band...even though I could only play 3 chords.

post-19254-0-00573400-1460841057_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Ridgehiker

I play a few. Bass, guitar, piano/keyboard, cello, recorder, bamboo flute, pan pipes/flute sort of, trumpet, cornet which is like a short trumpet, tenor horn... I think I'm missing one. Voice, I guess, if you count that? Nothing like an expert at them all, of course. I'm most advanced with bass (and voice?), probably with trumpet/cornet in second.

If you had a guitar, you could be in a band...even though I could only play 3 chords.

3 chords... the soul of punk.

"One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it. Three chords you're into Jazz." - Lou Reed

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I play a few. Bass, guitar, piano/keyboard, cello, recorder, bamboo flute, pan pipes/flute sort of, trumpet, cornet which is like a short trumpet, tenor horn... I think I'm missing one. Voice, I guess, if you count that? Nothing like an expert at them all, of course. I'm most advanced with bass (and voice?), probably with trumpet/cornet in second.

I'm a one instrument musician. However, I always admire those with the natural talent to pick up another instrument and play it with a minimal of lessons. If I was to advise anyone starting out it would be to add keyboard to whatever instrument they take up. Much easier to get down the basics of music theory, songwriting, etc. I just 'winged it' for years clueless about scales, keys, etc. When I eventually taught myself music theory it was like a fossil hunter learning the geologic time scale, taxonomy, etc...suddenly 'it all made sense'. Edited by Ridgehiker

Bang on.

The Ramones. 'Blitzkrieg Bop'. No song would get our band and the crowd more insane than 3 simple chords played sloppy with a ton of energy.

Here is a portion of the bell engraving of my 1932 Conn "Transitional" Tenor Saxophone. It is in silver plate. These old Conn horns sound like no other. This is a much finer horn than my meager ability deserves, but I am very pleased to have it.

post-8873-0-30727500-1460946411_thumb.jpg

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I play a few, tuba, violin, flute, and about a dozen others. I used to make a very poor living at it before making a very poor living as a teacher. I still play to annoy people so I now do early music, mostly on medieval bagpipes

182414_1712533931952_7573488_n.jpg?oh=f1

Bang on.

The Ramones. 'Blitzkrieg Bop'. No song would get our band and the crowd more insane than 3 simple chords played sloppy with a ton of energy.

And tomorrow (April 19) is the 50th anniversary of the release of The Trogs' Wild Thing.

I see the germination of Punk in that song...though a case can also be made for Them's Gloria, released two years earlier.

(Says the erstwhile strummer who played mostly John Denver...)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

And tomorrow (April 19) is the 50th anniversary of the release of The Trogs' Wild Thing.

I see the germination of Punk in that song...though a case can also be made for Them's Gloria, released two years earlier.

Good pick, but I think that "honor" (birth of Punk) should go to the Kingsmen's 1963 cover of the tune, Louie Louie.

50 years! I knew we could tie this into fossils.

Wild Thing...same 3 power chords as Blitzkrieg Bop. A,D,E. First rock song many of us learned. Many of those early hits like Louie, Louie were popular because they were easy for a misfit teen band like ours to learn. We cold learn 'Monster Mash' in an afternoon as it had the same chord sequence as 10 other songs...just change the rhythm.

We humanes didn't need an opposable thumb but a couple extra digits. 'How can I hold down all six strings when I only have five fingers. It's impossible!'...somehow we learn.

I dabble at guitar and piano, with an occasional bit of harmonica thrown in when goofing around with Squeal Young or Bob Dylan songs.

Don

Canadawest, very impressive collection of collections!

"...same 3 power chords..." Smoke on the Water?

Don

Edited by FossilDAWG

Love big band music especially Glen Miller, so had a go at playing the trombone, played for 3 years and got to level 4 but then was told by my teacher that I would be better off with a bucket to carry tunes in, so gave up after that, My wife plays the piano and I love to just sit and listen.

Once meet Lony Donagan

Regards

Mike

Edited by Mike Pocock

Stompin' Tom Connors used a board. But you have to be Canadian to know who that is.

Ha! I belong to an acoustic jam group. It's essential that we play one Stomping Tom song...usually 'Bud the Spud'. Then a Gordon Lightfoot and, because it's Alberta, Ian Tyson 'Four StrongWinds'.

On the electric guitar my favourites are surf tunes...Ventures, Safaris, etc. However, not to play live as one wrong note from 'Hawaii Five 0' or 'Pipeline' and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Too much need to practice over and over..not my thing. The great thing about blues,and rock is it can be sloppy in a creative way. The same with classical...often I have no clue but can fake it.