Art's Collection

art

This is a few of my best fossils from my small collection....

This little one seems to have the original shell material- is this possible?

post-1729-1243987047_thumb.jpg

What kind is the brachiopod on the right? The bottom is in the next picture. It shows lots of detail.

post-1729-1243987094_thumb.jpg

post-1729-1243987294_thumb.jpg

Another odd one..

post-1729-1243987003_thumb.jpg

Various corals.

post-1729-1243986757_thumb.jpg

Some pyrites. Some are just crystal balls, some look like bryozoans. The big one is a ball on a bryozoan- you can see both ends poking out. Some are just shapeless clumps. can anyone explain how the pyrites form?

post-1729-1243987207_thumb.jpg

Now this one........they are all over the place. What is it? My first thought was a piece of a chrinoid head.

post-1729-1243987161_thumb.jpg

Nice stuff Art and WELcome from Galveston Texas

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

This is a few of my best fossils from my small collection....

This little one seems to have the original shell material- is this possible?

post-1729-1243987047_thumb.jpg

It may or may not be slightly chemically altered; either way "original shell material" is close enough.

Another odd one..

post-1729-1243987003_thumb.jpg

This one is a "spiriferid" brachiopod.

Various corals.

post-1729-1243986757_thumb.jpg

Could the surface on the big "lumpy" one, and the two smaller "sticks", be bryozoans?

The others are horn corals.

Now this one........they are all over the place. What is it? My first thought was a piece of a chrinoid head.

post-1729-1243987161_thumb.jpg

This pic (and the other close-ups) is a little fuzzy; I can't make out any detail.

See whether your camera has a "macro" setting (often employing a tulip as an icon). In macro setting, extreme close-ups will be sharp. With more detail, a confident ID on this one is more likely.

Nice fossils; there's something to be said for a collection that fits in your pocket (though I predict that those days are numbered for you). :) Won't be long before you're building an addition to house them!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!