Asia Ichthyosaurus Fossil

fossilshk

Those are wonderful! :wub:

Practically every child has heard of Icthyosaurs; what fortune to own even one!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for sharing those!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

What a wonderful fossil and example...... I always keep my fingers crossed for finding something like that myself.... or maybe a small plesiosaur..... they come from the layers I find the ammonites....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

What a wonderful fossil and example...... I always keep my fingers crossed for finding something like that myself.... or maybe a small plesiosaur..... they come from the layers I find the ammonites....

The ammonite layer in UK should have some Ichthyosaurus.Think the condition more beautiful than China.

Wow! Really nice

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

• 2 weeks later...

fossilshk.....again.... a very beautiful fossil....... I'm intrested to know if it is in its origonal matrix or it has been set in that rock slab after being removed from where it was found........ either way, the fossil has 'life or movement'..... it displays very well, much better than the conventional 'stiff' way of mounting them i have seen before done in the uk....

fossilshk.....again.... a very beautiful fossil....... I'm intrested to know if it is in its origonal matrix or it has been set in that rock slab after being removed from where it was found........ either way, the fossil has 'life or movement'..... it displays very well, much better than the conventional 'stiff' way of mounting them i have seen before done in the uk....

Hello,

ich1001_USD_6000_.jpg

This one is 100% in origional matrix and real fossil.Very hard to find the quality like this one in these two years.

Very nice indeed...... well done...........