Big Brook, NJ - Help with ID

BrettCo124

Hey all,

just got back from big brook yet again. I've basically been driving up there every weekend. I'm still new, and want to learn more on what I am finding. These photos may not be anything at all, but I'd love for some of you to help ID them for me. Thanks all! 

Is this first pic coprolite? Looks identical on the other side. 

IMG_3731.JPG

This thing has a cool looking design on it, sort of like small boxes. Is this petrified wood? It has some areas that are a little shiny, like coal. Is this just coal? The design threw me off. 

IMG_3733.JPG

Lastly, this thing is magnetic. I took it with me because it looked cool. Any idea if it's something (meteorite?) or just a slab of cement and iron, or something mixed it. 

IMG_3739.JPG

Oh, I almost forgot. I took these beauties with me. I love big brook. It's beautiful there. I also took a bucket with me and collected all glass shards I found, and disposed of them after my trip in a can. It's something we should all do to contribute to the natural beauty of these places (I'm sure you all do anyways). 

Thanks all!

IMG_3742.JPG

10 minutes ago, BrettCo124 said:

Lastly, this thing is magnetic. I took it with me because it looked cool. Any idea if it's something (meteorite?) or just a slab of cement and iron, or something mixed it. 

IMG_3739.JPG

1.....Concretion

2.....Coal

3.....maybe be iron slag

4.....bunch of nice shark teeth.....:)

• I found this Informative 1

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

The first one looks like one of the pesky ironstone concretions.

I agree with Tony's other ID's too. :)

Regards,

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me