Fossil Fair Ede 2017 Report

Max-fossils

9 hours ago, StevenJDennis said:

Thanks for posting all the pictures Max.  Looks like it was a fun show!

Yup, it was a very fun show!!!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Alright so here are my photos. I was too busy looking at fossils to take many photos :P

ede01.jpg.2fd5cad1a552339d210ce06ca2d85441.jpgede02.jpg.8cd21d980ad3a95ef38039cb3be5d327.jpgede03.jpg.6865282e2f19b24e2a9932796f082e3c.jpg

Here's my haul.

Some nice literature, for Mantellisaurus and Charonosaurus to be specific.

ede04.jpg.2db5efbe01341042d95281783fd78d2f.jpg

A partial Moroccan mosasaur skull. There's a part of a jaw. Not sure yet but I think it might be the pterygoid. There are also some flat bones that I think are part of the skull roof. This is gonna be a fun project to prep.

ede05.jpg.2c4749acebb9866ba7bb013663190785.jpgede06.jpg.65465afb628f76ca50a786b8dbe1682a.jpg

A pleistocene gator vert from Florida.

ede09.jpg.48a57fe4100615a48b42f3bcdb25e361.jpg

And then a whole bunch of Kem Kem stuff.

A Pterosaur tooth.

ede10.jpg.82a8696ac655bf4580c7bed77319ca46.jpg

A number of associated pieces of a large croc. Part of a jaw. Part of what looks like the quadrate and a smaller bone that might be a neck rib.

ede07.jpg.3bb99e3a2832ad68176ee7a65e50afd2.jpg

And lastlyI bought a whole bunch of chunkosaurs. Most are pretty indistinct. But there are some more interesting pieces in there. It also includes a few broken Spinosaur, Carcharodontosaur and sawfish teeth. Will be fun to see what I can learn from these chunks.

ede08.jpg.4a1c7b243c557300bd7e84d0bd6d0141.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

4 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Here's my haul.

Thanks for the pictures! 

You got some really great things! I especially like the pterosaur tooth and the gator vert! The mosasaur skull is cool too.

But where did you get the pterosaur tooth from? I didn't see it on any of the stands...

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

The same seller that had that fish skeleton that you posted a photo of. He had a bunch of Kem Kem teeth. Lots of Spinosaur and Carcharodontosaur but also a number of pterosaur, croc and Sauropod teeth.

• I found this Informative 1

Just now, LordTrilobite said:

The same seller that had that fish skeleton that you posted a photo of. He had a bunch of Kem Kem teeth. Lots of Spinosaur and Carcharodontosaur but also a number of pterosaur, croc and Sauropod teeth.

Ok thanks! Shame I didn't see them though; I guess I was so impressed by the big fish that I forgot to look at the smaller things next to it :P

Max Derème

I took a closer look at the croc skull parts I bought and the jaw piece is part of the left maxilla and premaxilla. The only animal that seems to match is Elosuchus. This beasty was seriously big.

15 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

I took a closer look at the croc skull parts I bought and the jaw piece is part of the left maxilla and premaxilla. The only animal that seems to match is Elosuchus. This beasty was seriously big.

Cool! But if your fossils are a little too big for Elosuchus, maybe you should consider another genus? And what is the location of the fossils (Khouribga, Kem Kem, or something else)?

I'm having trouble finding good info about Elosuchus; do you know what the average estimated length of it is?

Max Derème