Prehnite And Herkermer Diamonds

lordpiney

here's a couple of mineral pics. the prehnite's are from paterson nj, and the herkermer's are from fonda ny.DSC01677.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01638-1.jpg

Oh wow! Amazing pieces you have there! Let me know if you have any extra you'd ever want to trade :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

:drool: :drool: :faint:

Those are some really spectacular specimens! I'm speechless, they are just gorgeous. I bet you were stoked when you found them. Thank you so much for sharing those.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Real beauties. Found recently or older pieces?

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

wow! those are gorgeous specimens!

great crystal formation on both of them!

great find!

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Man thats great stuff. If you ever have any of the prehnite to trade let me know

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Oh wow! Amazing pieces you have there! Let me know if you have any extra you'd ever want to trade :D

(bing) I hit the buzzer first Seldom :P:D Perhaps he'll have a lot though. I just want one nice piece :D

Thats Cool Phoenixflood I just want to be in line that is soom nice prehnite

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Man thats great stuff. If you ever have any of the prehnite to trade let me know

i have some to trade. let me go through my stuff thats in storage, and i'll take some pics of what i have. what would you be willing to trade for some nice specimens?

(bing) I hit the buzzer first Seldom :P:D Perhaps he'll have a lot though. I just want one nice piece :D

same to you buddy. show me what you've got! lol.

same to you buddy. show me what you've got! lol.

I mainly have miocene material which you can see the type of material at this link:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?sh...l=bond&st=0

I also have some ferns from St. Clair, which you can see some examples at this link:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0

I also have some mirco fossils from Lee Creek dirt. (ray teeth, fish/shark teeth, coprolite, shells)

As for rocks and minerals, I don't have much. I do have a piece of Gypsum I obtained while fossil hunting.

Pm me and let me know :) and if you have anything else extra in the storage locker let me know too :D always looking to expand :D

Hey Piney I have lots of small shark teeth from Tx and Fl also a horse tooth let me look and get some pic's Give Phoenixflood first pick I jumped on his wagon plus he has lots of better stuff. I just want a small piece for display. If I can get the camera to work will post pic later.

Hey Piney I have lots of small shark teeth from Tx and Fl also a horse tooth let me look and get some pic's Give Phoenixflood first pick I jumped on his wagon plus he has lots of better stuff. I just want a small piece for display. If I can get the camera to work will post pic later.

Happy to have you along :) always looking to find good friends, good fossils and great rocks :D

Very nice. I can remember seeing Herkimers offered in the old Griegers catalouge I got when I was a kid. Never knew they got that big!

Be true to the reality you create.