Toothy 3-foot Piranha Fossil Found

Nicholas

Megapiranha was up to 3 feet long (1 meter) - a fish-beast four times as big as piranhas living today, studies of its jawbones indicate. It lived about 8 million to 10 million years ago and might have been quite comfortable stalking cartoon animals in an "Ice Age" movie

Find the article HERE!

Yep, that's a bigun. Pity Piranha have such an over-rated reputation. Nice aquarium pets when you can get them (though I wouldn't want a three footer :o ).

Be true to the reality you create.

Which is worse, Pirhana or Barracuda? Or something else?

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

whichever one is biting a chunk out of you at the time.

Toothy 3-foot Piranha Fossil

That will keep you out of the water

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

I agree with Tracer on this one.

I tried to hunt down a picture of the fossil, nothing yet... I suppose it will be released by one of the bigger science news sources next week some time.

Actually, there is a 1 1/2" catfish found in the Amazon that is much worse. Seems the dear thing is attracted to urine and when the source (you know what) is found swims up it, digs its spines into it and feeds on the blood. It has to be cut out... :o:(

Be true to the reality you create.

"But who relieves themselves under water", says the man with the warm feeling in the pool.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/