Fossils Found In Illinois Mine?

MRS MICROPTERUS101

im looking for links and info on this can u help?????????? :o :o :o :o :o :o ?

i came saw drooled and collected

Wish I had heard of that when I lived in IL..

:drool: :drool: :o :o :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

oh my thats just west of where i grew up WOW WOW :o :o :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

:drool: :drool: :o :o :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

oh my thats just west of where i grew up WOW WOW :o :o :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Where did you grow up?

Maybe you could also hit that fossil park in Rockford, Iowa. It's a cool place too with lots of fossils

everywhere. Have you been there? It's close to the IL border. Had been there twice.

Welcome to the forum!

• 4 weeks later...

Its unfortunate this site is closed to the public. I would have liked to see it, however I can expect some specimens have or will end up in a museum in or near Chicago...probably in a box somewhere... <_<

Wow, what an awesome discovery! That would be a site to see in person.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

I went to a lecture by one of the guys involved with the find. A few smaller pieces have been collected but most of the material is being left in the mine. Unfortunately the mine will eventually be collapsed for safety reasons and all of the beautiful fossils will be covered over by several hundred feet of rock

I went to a lecture by one of the guys involved with the find. A few smaller pieces have been collected but most of the material is being left in the mine. Unfortunately the mine will eventually be collapsed for safety reasons and all of the beautiful fossils will be covered over by several hundred feet of rock

I don't understand why they wouldn't take some of the better samples and preserve them before they collapse the mine. Would be a shame to waste such pristine samples.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

Where did you grow up?

Maybe you could also hit that fossil park in Rockford, Iowa. It's a cool place too with lots of fossils

everywhere. Have you been there? It's close to the IL border. Had been there twice.

Roz,

i lived in danville for several years them my dad was transferred to the west coast so i haven't been to the sight i wish i had thanks to micropterus101 for peeking my interest of fossils maby one of these days ill get back home .......... ^_^

Guest solius symbiosus

Any sites related Penn exposures on the western flank of the Appalachians should provide relevant information. Then, that entire part of the country was composed of deltaic lobes associated with outwash from the proto-Alleghenian Mountains. Hence, the coal in Il, Ky, In, WV, Va, Pe, ... ect.