Trilobites

R_Case

I'm off till Monday. Are there any areas in North Texas (DFW area) with trilobites? Got the itch to go hunting. If not I will brave the heat at NSF. It gets bad when the wind is not moving done there.

"No matter where you go, there you are!"

Well hello Randy,If you want to brave the heat I am supposedly hunting the Cretaceous with another member on Saturday morning for a few hours.If you want Trilos go West young man! You have to hit the Pennsylvanian for those.

I'll PM you a few places for Trilo's that I know of if you would like.Glad to hear from you!

Where are you fellows going? Im Houston-based, and might be willing to drive if it isnt TOO far....

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Randy, I was wondering what happen to you the other day. Glad to see you posting again, missed you. This weekend the temp is suppose to drop back down to about 90 up this way.

I want to go !

Love a good Trilo hunt .

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

Has anyone been to Black Cat Mountain in Ok? I heard a lot of Trilo's can be found there. Not to far from here, 1.5 to 2 hour drive.

We're planning on going to Sherman for some shark teeth hunting Saturday morning. We're leaving at the insane hour of 0600 !! lol. That's what time I get to work normally so I guess it's not that terrible. Much rather get up that early to hunt teeth, than get kicked in them. ;)

Never been to black cat Mt, but I'd be willing to drive up there for some trilos sometime. We should make a Texas hunting calandar. B)

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

We're planning on going to Sherman for some shark teeth hunting Saturday morning. We're leaving at the insane hour of 0600 !! lol. That's what time I get to work normally so I guess it's not that terrible. Much rather get up that early to hunt teeth, than get kicked in them. ;)

Never been to black cat Mt, but I'd be willing to drive up there for some trilos sometime. We should make a Texas hunting calandar. B)

You might ought to watch the weather for up here for Friday night into Sat. morning. I watched it at 6 pm tonight and they are calling for a pretty heavy storm rolling through up here around 2:30 or 3 am Sat morning.

I think a hunting Calendar would be a great idea!!!

You might ought to watch the weather for up here for Friday night into Sat. morning. I watched it at 6 pm tonight and they are calling for a pretty heavy storm rolling through up here around 2:30 or 3 am Sat morning.

Yea, I think we'll be in a river, so I guess we should look into that storm system.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

I think a hunting Calendar would be a great idea!!!

Haven't talked to Bob in a few months now , but he was letting anyone come up and hunt [last time we were up he had 20 books left , he might be out of them by now].

Think we are going back up to BCM in October or November .

Has anyone been to Black Cat Mountain in Ok? I heard a lot of Trilo's can be found there. Not to far from here, 1.5 to 2 hour drive.

You have heard right. :D Have you seen this webpage? http://www.blk-cat-mtn-trilobites.com/

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

Haven't talked to Bob in a few months now , but he was letting anyone come up and hunt [last time we were up he had 20 books left , he might be out of them by now].

Think we are going back up to BCM in October or November .

Please let me know if you do. I would love to go and definitely would love to meet Bob. I have always loved trilos, and have never collected one.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

OH NO! Don't say it out loud you might jinx it away! We need rain, buckets and buckets of rain to wash out some nice new shiny fossils (to hell with the lawn). But the best part is they is predicting a whopping 20% chance of rain down here in Austin and it's only going to be 96 instead of 106! Gotta dig out a sweater.

Just talked to Barefoot. Her and Paleo are on their way to POC. It's gotta be just a trickle??

As far as rain forecasts go, I wouldn't put too much stock into them. ;)

Please let me know if you do. I would love to go and definitely would love to meet Bob. I have always loved trilos, and have never collected one.

Will do !

You can contact him and go up anytime , he is a great guy .

He is suppose to have a Cyphaspis Carrolli for me by then .

After that I would like to get a Olenellus Gilberti from Nevada .

Just talked to Barefoot. Her and Paleo are on their way to POC. It's gotta be just a trickle??

As far as rain forecasts go, I wouldn't put too much stock into them. ;)

Big lightning show going on now with rain pouring.

Will do !

You can contact him and go up anytime , he is a great guy .

He is suppose to have a Cyphaspis Carrolli for me by then .

After that I would like to get a Olenellus Gilberti from Nevada .

Ditto! I wanna go!

Big lightning show going on now with rain pouring.

It's about time someone got some moisture!

The only thing about Black cat mnt trilos, is they require alot of prep. They usally crack them, the glue them back, and scribe them out, then air blast them to get the rest of the limestone off. I have a few pieces from there that I have attemped to prep, and its not easy. BUT If we are all going, count me in. but lets pick a cooler time....

Im hoping to hit POC with you guys on sat if work doesnt call..... If it rains, we just wear our swim suits and dig the deeper gravel

hey to hopefull tirlo hunters

Being a oklahoman, i have always wanted to get over there but as many of you probably know its hard to get a hold of bob. I would love to be contacted, informed, notified just please dont forget me if a bunch of people get permision to go in. My parents actually only live about 15 miles from his shop. So i would be awsome if a bund of us got to go up there.

fossil man

Maybe everyone should try and plan a trip for this fall sometime. Oct. has cooled enough so we could spend the day and not get heat stroke.

The only thing about Black cat mnt trilos, is they require alot of prep. They usally crack them, the glue them back, and scribe them out, then air blast them to get the rest of the limestone off. I have a few pieces from there that I have attemped to prep, and its not easy. BUT If we are all going, count me in. but lets pick a cooler time....

Im hoping to hit POC with you guys on sat if work doesnt call..... If it rains, we just wear our swim suits and dig the deeper gravel

Oh, I plan on setting my lawn chair IN the water. Hope you can make it. My wife, and both of my kids will be joining Snakekeeper and I. Bring a chair and come on up!

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Ditto! I wanna go!

When we get ready to go to BCM I will post up on the forum a few days in advance , those that want to go can .

Yeah cooler weather would be nice , hot on the mountain during the summer .

You can surface hunt and find some specimens , but obviously not as good as what is found in the matrix .

Hey what about this weekend and a local hunt for Trilos , is R_Case still going ?

Would love to tag along if he is .