ID HELP PLEASE

hemi123

Sending a new fossil I found in Southeaster US, SC Summerville area. Found in a creek that had many different formations in it. Im still learning them but looks possibly like plant life fossil. Not sure what but looking sideways I can see the distinction between the rock portion and what I am trying to identify. Any help would be great!

20170827_215438.jpg

Side angle.

20170827_215502.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

that was a top view as well as a side view,,,,,,,,,,,seems its attached to a piece of rock. I did forget to put a dimensional comparison on there but it is around 2 inches long and 1 inch wide

I can see the resemblance in the mastodon enamel examples online, but everything looks so big and this is just a small piece. So, I unfortunately attempted to chisel off the rock like formation and it came right off exposing what seems to be limestone like powder inside.

cross_section_(2).jpg

If it fizzes in vinegar, it may be limestone. But I thought limestone was grey, not white?

Keep looking! They're everywhere!

Well I am surely no expert on minerals or fossils so that is why I come for help. Its a white chalky substance inside.