Barefoot Tripping With Ron

barefootgirl

Sorry it's taking me so long but Im having technical problems with the new computer. I have posted more picts of finds on down so dont stop looking here keep scrolling down through the posts. I have the cow shark tooth and thrasher tooth shown on post 15. Hope yall enjoy this part. Stay tuned for my next part which is North Carolina.

Here are some of the teeth I found on my first day out.

post-1082-1248405304_thumb.jpg

Some of the larger teeth I found.

post-1082-1248405295_thumb.jpg

My little lovelies drying.

post-1082-1248405282_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248405269_thumb.jpg

This was my second and best meg of the day and trip. I will always cherish my little beauty. Thank you Ron for giving me the opportunity to make a dream a reality.

post-1082-1248423848_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Wow, those are beautiful!! I'm envious!

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

Here are some of my second trip out hunting this time on the Potomac the first set of picts and teeth are of a different river and location that will stay unnamed. I was blown away by the amount of teeth that were just laying about. You yanks have it good up there. :D I put some of my favs in a little display case real quick. I found 3 megs all together 4 if I count the one Ron had to show me laying on the ground. The perfect little blue one was perfect and I found that with no problem by myself. It eventually turned pure white. I was so happy when I found all of them and couldn't believe my luck that on my first day out I would find 3 megs. I also found a perfect cow shark tooth and a thrasher tooth I believe. I will add those picts in later.

post-1082-1248405520_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248405499_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248405476_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248405542_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

post-1082-1248406047_thumb.jpg

I was sooooo happy!!! Ya'll have no idea what a dream come true that was for me. I found not only a meg but a perfect little meg. At least its perfect to me.

Alfred North Whithead

Wow, thats a ton of teeth. That megs is beautiful!

Oh, its about time! I know you got more! Quit holding out!!!

Here are some more picts of my first week in Virginia. One day Ron decided to take me up to the Shenandoah Mt. We visited the Shenandoah caverns and then drove up skyline drive to the top and had a really nice time. That was the night I froze my butt off. Who would have thought it would get down to 52 degrees. I'm not complaining though, I really loved it and wished I could have bottled some up for my fellow Texans, who I knew were sweltering and cooking because that's the first thing everyone told me when I called home was how dang hot it was.

post-1082-1248406439_thumb.jpg

This little fellow ate pretzels right out of my hand. He was all dressed up and reminded me of a little trick or treater.

post-1082-1248406422_thumb.jpg post-1082-1248406401_thumb.jpg

The scenery was magnificent and I truly left part of my heart up there in those mountains. Deer were everywhere.

post-1082-1248406381_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248406364_thumb.jpg

My wonderful friend and guide Ron. Bless his heart for putting up with me for so long.

post-1082-1248406345_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248406309_thumb.jpg

Some more of the wonderful state that is Virginia.

post-1082-1248406289_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248406566_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248406514_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248406458_thumb.jpg

Me and ron at the caverns and Ron after he climbed down the mt to pick me some ripe raspberries. The look on his face was probably because I kept asking him what the red fuzzy things were and he kept saying raspberries and I kept saying no the red fuzzy things. He kept saying raspberries after about 4 times of this back and forth I noticed that the red fuzzy things had raspberries in the middle of them. Who would have thought they came prepackaged.

post-1082-1248406474_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248406499_thumb.jpg

For those of you who dont live in these parts this is where I found alot of teeth. This is the Potomac river. It was huge it reminded me of the Bay down at Houston. These cliffs are where you find the teeth when the tide goes out. It was so cool and I also picked up quite a few tertellas ( i hope I spelled that right).

post-1082-1248406277_thumb.jpg

Alfred North Whithead

Looks like you got the computer running. So, did you find anything? :P

p.s. When y'all are out tomorrow, don't let Sierra pick up anything that belongs to me.

Wow kiddo, I'm still taking in all the pictures. That Meg is quite the find! It's funny when we find a handful of teeth here and call it good after seeing all those teeth.That's amazing and I'm sure the picture fest is not over! I am happy that you got to experience all that you did.You deserve it! Now where's my stuff :P

I have over 350 picts of my stuff and travels this is gonna take time and Im gonna do it in stages. This was just the first 5 days I was there. I still have Kentucky and Tenn and North Carolina oh yeah and Mississippi. Oh, and lest I forget the stuff I found since being back in Texas. Be patient with me please.

post-1082-1248408598_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248408639_thumb.jpg

More cavern shots. If you ever get a chance to get up that way bypass the endless caverns and go straight to the Shannandoah caverns they were so cool, literally and figuratively.

post-1082-1248408741_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248408760_thumb.jpg

the second pict is upside down sorry folks.

post-1082-1248408778_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248408792_thumb.jpg

This deer was just feeding her baby on the side of the road. For those of you in Texas that other little fellow in the second shot is the tree rats cuter cousin the chipmunk. I wanted one but Ron said no. Although later he tried to bring home a baby skunk.

post-1082-1248408811_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248408827_thumb.jpg

These pictures dont do this place justice. It broke my heart to have to leave such pristine beauty.

post-1082-1248408859_thumb.jpg

If you've never had fresh picked ripe raspberries you are missing out on an integral part of living my friends! Ron was all about getting some of these and now I know why. Okay, now Im really depressed and I wanna go back!!

Alfred North Whithead

Wow, thats a ton of teeth. That megs is beautiful!

Oh, its about time! I know you got more! Quit holding out!!!

I know and thats just 2 days worth in all about 4 to 5 hrs worth of hunting. Stay tuned for Lee Creek and GMR!!

Alfred North Whithead

Great finds BFG! Ron was really nice to take you there!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

post-1082-1248410431_thumb.jpg

My first night there I flew into Washington DC . Ron took me for a stroll around the capital and it was lite up and so pretty. This was my first time there. I wish my picture was better but some guy kept goosing me every time I tried to take a pict. I don't know where Ron went? :rolleyes:

Alfred North Whithead

Can you see the bear in this first photo he was trying to hide and doing a swell job of it. When we first saw him he was sitting on a rock on the side of the road. Of course by the time I got my camera out he was almost gone.

post-1082-1248410730_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248410755_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248410779_thumb.jpg

My precious little meg turned pure white on me. I was surprised because when I put her up she was baby blue.

post-1082-1248410818_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248411153_thumb.jpg

My cow shark tooth that I found and the thrasher tooth.

Alfred North Whithead

Looks like you got the computer running. So, did you find anything? :P

p.s. When y'all are out tomorrow, don't let Sierra pick up anything that belongs to me.

Uhm.... in the words of my daughter, yeah right buddy!!!

Alfred North Whithead

Great finds BFG! Ron was really nice to take you there!

I have been blessed with many true friends this summer, all of which I owe a big debt of thanks to.

Ron was more than nice. He went out of his way for 3 solid wks to make sure I was having a good time. He gave me most of his finds as well. I came home with 95% of what was in the back of the pickup, which was alot. He knew I needed this time away and for that I don't know if I can ever thank him enough. He gave me 3 wks of peace and quite. I was able to leave all my responsibilities behind me and enjoy life.

For 3 splendid wks I got to be my old self again. I didn't worry about anything or anybody. I told my family to leave me alone and let me enjoy this and they were smart enough to take the warning seriously.

If I died tomorrow I would want that to be what heaven was like. Just traveling around the states with a great friend looking for fossils and whatever else we can run across.

Thank you Ron, I know you will say its no big deal but to me it was. Thank you.

Alfred North Whithead

I'm glad you had a good time and managed to find a few new fossils for your collection.

Wow, I thought I looked scary in a mirror but those pics of me . . . they will give people nightmares.

I have been blessed with many true friends this summer, all of which I owe a big debt of thanks to.

Ron was more than nice. He went out of his way for 3 solid wks to make sure I was having a good time. He gave me most of his finds as well. I came home with 95% of what was in the back of the pickup, which was alot. He knew I needed this time away and for that I don't know if I can ever thank him enough. He gave me 3 wks of peace and quite. I was able to leave all my responsibilities behind me and enjoy life.

For 3 splendid wks I got to be my old self again. I didn't worry about anything or anybody. I told my family to leave me alone and let me enjoy this and they were smart enough to take the warning seriously.

If I died tomorrow I would want that to be what heaven was like. Just traveling around the states with a great friend looking for fossils and whatever else we can run across.

Thank you Ron, I know you will say its no big deal but to me it was. Thank you.

Wow, BFG, what a fantastic trip.

Have looked at all your finds several times now.

Love the teeth you found and what an amount.

And one of the best parts too, seeing new places,

hunting new sites....

I don't know if I have mentioned this to you before

but... I have a professional fossil storage building now.

All fossils are kept in the perfect temperature, they are cleaned,

repaired if needed if you want this service. I hired a fossil guard who

is heavily armed and is positioned on a high tower.

All fossils are heavily insured...

All you need to do is

Mail me all your new stuff. :P

Welcome to the forum!

Wow, BFG, what a fantastic trip.

Have looked at all your finds several times now.

Love the teeth you found and what an amount.

And one of the best parts too, seeing new places,

hunting new sites....

I don't know if I have mentioned this to you before

but... I have a professional fossil storage building now.

All fossils are kept in the perfect temperature, they are cleaned,

repaired if needed if you want this service. I hired a fossil guard who

is heavily armed and is positioned on a high tower.

All fossils are heavily insured...

All you need to do is

Mail me all your new stuff. :P

Oh good try there Roz ;) !! Thanks for looking at my picts and I still have more to post. I haven't even posted the Mississippi stuff. I still have a fully articulated whale vert, echis and more teeth to show off.

I took about 400 photos so its kinda of a long process trying to figure out which ones to post. Not that I'm complaining. Thanks again Roz!

Alfred North Whithead

what a wonderful trip you took im happy that you got to get away and rejuvenate while doing something you enjoy keep up tje posts i love em :P

i came saw drooled and collected

Sounds like you 2 are having a marvelous time - I am envious (while still working away the summer)! Absolutely gorgeous meg you have there - talk about sweet! Keep up the great reporting too :D

What a nice adventure! I'm so jealous, and I live near the Potomac and many of these places. I try to get out as much as possible for the very reasons you've mentioned and pictured. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Kevin Wilson