Bfg And Ron At Lee Creek And Gmr

barefootgirl

Okay the next leg of the trip we hit the road to work our way back to Texas. We headed into North Carolina to Aurora. I got to see the fossil museum and dig in the pit for teeth. After we filled up 6 bags of dirt each weighing about 50lbs, and informed a very nice sweet couple from Texas about the fossil forum and why they should join, we headed on over to the mine at Lee Creek and there I got to dig through the spoil pile they have out in the parking lot! For real folks, its out in the parking lot and the employees are just picking through it. I hope the employee we met who said he was new to collecting shark teeth and had the fever for it joined the forum. From there it was on to GMR to see what treasures might await us there.

post-1082-1248414703_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248414721_thumb.jpg

Two of the displays at the museum. Oh hang on that second one is Ron. Hehe

post-1082-1248414795_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248414828_thumb.jpg

Lee Creek in all its glory. Of all the places this was one of my favorites. Those piles in the first picture are full of treasure!! I was running around pulling teeth and verts and stuff out of the dirt. It was like Christmas guys!!!

post-1082-1248414873_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248414907_thumb.jpg

Okay this is what I found in about 45 minutes the sun was going down and Ron wanted to go see what GMR looked like.

post-1082-1248414928_thumb.jpg

I think Ron was proud of what I found at Lee Creek!! I love all the different shells and coral you can find.

GMR FINDS

post-1082-1248419382_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248419442_thumb.jpg

Some of the concretions with teeth in them that I found. I forgot can someone tell me what that is in the second concretion.

post-1082-1248419202_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248419145_thumb.jpg

Here are some of the teeth I found that day.

post-1082-1248419098_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248419069_thumb.jpg

I really love these belemites, they are so pretty and really are like finding little pieces of gold in the creek. I think these are some of my favorite finds.

post-1082-1248419322_thumb.jpg

Another view of all the booty taken from the creek that day.

post-1082-1248419123_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Oh yeah here's the rest of the GMR stuff!

post-1082-1248420414_thumb.jpg

oops hang on this is Lee Creek! Keep going down.

post-1082-1248420599_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248420716_thumb.jpg

Uh just some odds and ends pieces and a sweet tooth in the matrix that Ron found and gave me. Disregard the echis y'all don't get to hear about them till we get to Mississippi.

post-1082-1248420738_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248420764_thumb.jpg

As we were leaving I found both of these. I think they are pretty cool!

PS: Stay tuned for the next riveting part of our adventure..........Kentucky!! Where I really did lose my mind and chicks and tiggers were out to get us. :o

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Great pics and fabulous finds.

Can you see how green I am with envy?

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

You weren't kidding. You guys found a lot of stuff! Why do I get the feeling you will be moving soon?

I think the tooth in the second concretion might be a rostral tooth from a saw shark(cretaceous period 120 million years or something). And looks like a chunk of bone in there but I'm not positive. Don't quote me on any of this since I'm no expert.

Those are some nice finds. I can't imagine the fun it must have been. :)

You weren't kidding. You guys found a lot of stuff! Why do I get the feeling you will be moving soon?

Actually I am thinking about moving to North Carolina and getting a job at Lee Creek just to be close to that spoil pile!!

Alfred North Whithead

I think the tooth in the second concretion might be a rostral tooth from a saw shark(cretaceous period 120 million years or something). And looks like a chunk of bone in there but I'm not positive. Don't quote me on any of this since I'm no expert.

I would agree, it sure looks an I. mira tooth to me.

Thanks!! I still have lots more to show everyone!

Alfred North Whithead

My goodness... BFG, just awesome!!! Great finds and I'm glad you had a good time :thumbsup:

Actually I am thinking about moving to North Carolina and getting a job at Lee Creek just to be close to that spoil pile!!

Knew that was coming. Hey BF glad your back great reports and pics more please

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

WOW, you go girl! Love the barb/spine thingy. I'll keep my eye out for a nice display case for you when I hit the Estate Sales.You're gonna need one or two,three,four...... :)

Excellent finds!!...i will be heading to GMR this saturday.

Take your sifter and good luck to ya!!

Alfred North Whithead

I wish I had known you were coming - I would have loved to have met you! Maybe after you move here and get a job at PCS :D