Snakes And Worm Burrows...

safossils

We went out yesterday, and ran across this beautiful rattlesnake. We found some worm burrows in cretaceous limestone, but got rained out early.

Walt

rattlesnake709.jpg

rattlesnake2709.jpg

cretaceouswormburrows.jpg

is that what those random circles are?

Ive got a rock or two with a very similar looking circle... haha

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Agreed. That is a beautiful specimen! Looks like he just shed. He's very shiny and bright.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

:faint: i agree cook it up they scar the heck out if me even in pics....... :wacko::o

i came saw drooled and collected

i've personally never eaten snake that i'm aware of (love throwing in qualifiers like that), but my grandmother used to tell me about how they were always putting molossus on everything back in the day.

the last black-tail i encountered was histrionic beyond comparison, to the extent that i followed him to his hiding place and left a can of beer there for him to attempt to chill out with.

Guest solius symbiosus

They taste like chicken-fish. They have 2 strings of meat under the rib that is like a big thick piece of spaghetti... yum!

the last black-tail i encountered was histrionic beyond comparison, to the extent that i followed him to his hiding place and left a can of beer there for him to attempt to chill out with.

"Inebriated Viper" would be a good band name, but a bad house pet.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That's a very pretty Crotalus molossus aka Black Tailed Rattlesnake.

Looks like a nice pair of boots to me B)

is that what those random circles are?

That's what I call them, they could be some other type of burrow, but I call them worm burrows.

This guy seemed almost tame. He never rattled, and only started to get into a defensive posture when I went in for the close-up of his head. We watched him cross the road, then left him to go on his way.

Walt