Barefoots And Rons Finds Through The Rest Of The States.

barefootgirl

Okay so to make a long fun story short here is most of Kentuckys finds.

post-1082-1248470683_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248470637_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248470917_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248470084_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248470147_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248470297_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248471221_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248470364_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248470403_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248470438_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248470475_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248470557_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248470601_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Here are some more Kentucky finds!

post-1082-1248483557_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248483568_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248483615_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248483637_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248483734_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248483762_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Guest solius symbiosus

I didn't know that you were going to be in my neck of the woods. From the looks of your finds, it appears that you were in the Ft. Payne???.

Some of those geodes produce nice sulfate minerals, along with the usual stuff.

post-1082-1248484137_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248484351_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248484221_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248484444_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248484478_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248484578_thumb.jpg

Alfred North Whithead

post-1082-1248484757_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248484782_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248484863_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1248484900_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248484964_thumb.jpg

Alfred North Whithead

I didn't know that you were going to be in my neck of the woods. From the looks of your finds, it appears that you were in the Ft. Payne???.

Some of those geodes produce nice sulfate minerals, along with the usual stuff.

Ron would have to answer that question Solius I was just happy to be in Kentucky. It is a beautiful state. I did find one thing odd though and that was the fact that the only animal I saw there was a turtle. In every other state I saw deer and other wildlife. Kentucky was eerily absent of all wildlife like it had all been driven off or eaten. :unsure:

Alfred North Whithead

Ron would have to answer that question Solius I was just happy to be in Kentucky. It is a beautiful state. I did find one thing odd though and that was the fact that the only animal I saw there was a turtle. In every other state I saw deer and other wildlife. Kentucky was eerily absent of all wildlife like it had all been driven off or eaten. :unsure:

They probably got into a still, and were sleeping it off.

Wow, that's some very pretty stuff you have there. Minerals can be sooo pretty! I can't wait to see some of those beauties in person.

Wow, that's some very pretty stuff you have there. Minerals can be sooo pretty! I can't wait to see some of those beauties in person.

Youll have to come for a visit to see the geods and agate. The teeth and some of the other things you can see when I get to Denison tomorrow.

Alfred North Whithead

Nice. What areas did you go to in Kentucky?

Well one of the places was called Kingdom Come! We didn't stop for long though I just noticed the name on the sign.

post-1082-1248498755_thumb.jpg

We stopped here and had a good time.

post-1082-1248498779_thumb.jpg

This place was so pretty I told Ron to tell everyone goodbye for me. I was staying.

post-1082-1248498805_thumb.jpg

This road and bridge is big enough for one car thank god we were the only ones on the road that day.

post-1082-1248498943_thumb.jpg

Kentucky is gorgeous and I loved the state.

I also found out why most of the barns are black. It really perplexed me why someone would want to paint there barn black. Barns should be red or natural brown. I finally called my father and had him get on the internet to find out the answer. That answer is that the barns are black because they are painted with creosote. It helps keep the bugs out and the black color absorbs more heat thereby helping the tobacco inside dry faster. Now when you go to Kentucky you to will know why most of the barns are painted black.

Alfred North Whithead

Guest solius symbiosus
Kentucky was eerily absent of all wildlife like it had all been driven off or eaten. :unsure:

??? The central part of the state is polluted with deer and turkey. Virtually, everyone that I know has damaged their front end after hitting one.

Guest solius symbiosus

The second pic is looking from the Highland Rim upon the Appalachian Plateeau.

Here is a map, but you were about 120km north, and the basin around here is starting to form an arch.

highland%20rim%20map.jpg

All of our collecting was east of I-75 and south of I-64. I think in that part of the state the hunting season runs from January 1st to December 31st. When I lived in that area the largest wild animal I saw was a bobcat.

??? The central part of the state is polluted with deer and turkey. Virtually, everyone that I know has damaged their front end after hitting one.

Thats a good one, Ill have to remember that. Maybe we were just in the wrong part of Kentucky. I did love that state though. It was the prettiest out of all of them. Your lucky to live there.

Alfred North Whithead

Hey Barefoot, when were you guys at Aurora? All great finds by the way, looks like you had an awesome trip!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

i'm thinkin' you pretty much cornered the market on weird rocks, and that tortoise with the sexy yellow legs is MY kind of..wait. my therapist said that i share too much...

Hey Barefoot, when were you guys at Aurora? All great finds by the way, looks like you had an awesome trip!

Around the 7th or 8th

Alfred North Whithead

well done.... very fruitful trip, and looks like you had a good time to....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)