Ground Shots

jax

So this spot I pretty much crawl one end to the other. I usally find small teeth here oh and pearls (none today) I had the camera with me, so I took some ground shots. I took a few shots to see if you could spot the tooth.

Nothing outstanding today, but it was fun taking the ground pics.

post-221-1248492057_thumb.jpg

post-221-1248492155_thumb.jpg

post-221-1248492230_thumb.jpg

post-221-1248492361_thumb.jpg

post-221-1248492412_thumb.jpg

post-221-1248492461_thumb.jpg

post-221-1248492508_thumb.jpg

post-221-1248492651_thumb.jpg

With my glasses on maybe. Cool finds though!!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Man, those are tee tiny fossils. Do you have a knee pad that you use while looking? That last photo looks like one of the teeth tried to bite your finger. :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

the last is the hardest to find...

but man, to the untrained eye, they would be easily missed!

(note to self: train the eye)

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

I usally dont remember my knee pads when I go here. These pics were from about 10 inches off the ground. These little guys like to hide in the rocks, and upside down. If you dont have a trained eye, you will miss them.

So now I'm wearing knee pads at the laptop...hard to 'splain to customers.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Did you get both of those teeth in the first picture or just the big one? lol

I've taken pictures of things before and didn't notice until I looked at the picture that I had missed something good... :faint:

Very nice insitu shots!

Did you get both of those teeth in the first picture or just the big one? lol

I've taken pictures of things before and didn't notice until I looked at the picture that I had missed something good... :faint:

Very nice insitu shots!

I was waiting for someone to say that, and I did miss it... :blush: I didnt even see it until I got home...

I usally dont remember my knee pads when I go here. These pics were from about 10 inches off the ground. These little guys like to hide in the rocks, and upside down. If you dont have a trained eye, you will miss them.

Cool stuff Justin!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"